Senior Merchandise Planner - Mens Textiles (m/f/d)
As a Senior Merchandise Planner you’re part of a high performing and passionate team. You are driving the success of the category by leading your team and setting the department’s strategy and financial KPIs which you define with your buying counterpart. You have end to end accountability for steering your unit to reach the financial KPIs with the support of your team. You lead the Merchandise Planning team in the unit, for whom you have both disciplinary and Functional leadership responsibilities. You have advanced knowledge of merchandise planning tools and process and play an instrumental role in evolving these in Zalando to benefit the future business.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Young Fashion is the biggest cluster in Textile, and we’re achieving a great performance testament to a fantastic hard working team. One of our biggest strengths is how diverse we are, different personalities, nationalities as well as the brand portfolio. You’ll recognise a few from trend led to global, including but not restricted by Jack&Jones, SikSilk, KarlKani, Pull&Bear, Bershka, Massimo Dutti, Vintage Supply, Weekday, WHRST BHVR, and lucky to have Zalando the own buy assortment in our area which is Your Turn and Pier One.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Demonstrate total accountability of leading at least two or more end-to-end planning cycles for a defined area due to your experience working in Merchandise Planning or a commercially facing analytical role. You optimize opportunities and mitigate risks with your significant experience in using both planning and forecasting tools. You have proven experience initiating and driving strategic growth on the area you manage.
- Lead the Merchandising team in your area of responsibility (minimum of two direct reports) supporting their development and ensuring they focus on the right business priorities.
- Identifying trends, initiatives and opportunities through multiple data points. You collaborate well with Buyers, developing a strategy tailored to specific market needs, as well as identifying which internal departments you should build collaborative relationships with to deliver your financial results. You will work closely with brands negotiating the right terms for your business and leading the brand relationships growing the Zalando business season after season.
- Conducting historical analysis to better understand the business, as well as managing assortment planning through flow plans and product quantifications. You take ambitious growth targets in your stride and are creative in your approach of how to get there.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree in Business or comparable field. More than 5 years Merchandising/Planning experience (preferably r within eCommerce) with proven end to end ownership for at least 2 or more planning cycles. Confident in using both planning and forecasting tools to determine risks and opportunities - familiarity utilizing at least one merchandise planning software is highly beneficial.
- Motivation, structure and positivity in a very dynamic and fast-paced environment, embracing change and being always on the hunt for solutions. You exercise high levels of personal accountability and are willing to go the extra mile to achieve results. You have excellent English skills, communicate clearly with varied stakeholders and possess solid negotiation skills.
- Solid experience and proven track record of directly managing and leading the development of team members (from assistants to merchandiser level)
- You love to work with numbers and figures, thinking strategically and being excited by the opportunity to shape the Beauty category. You have experience in Google Suite and consider yourself an expert in Excel.
WHAT WE OFFER AT CATEGORY MANAGEMENT TEXTILE
PERKS AT WORK
- We have a talented team, all experts within their own functions across both buying and merchandising, but also specialists on people related topics, stakeholder management, and more technical aspects of the role. We are all here to help you develop as you progress within Zalando.
- Mentorship from outside of your immediate team, ongoing support from your team lead
- Structured development plan, including list of areas to grow within the team, projects & future opportunities
- Fun and sociable team, regular team events, get togethers and supportive vibe
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.ABOUT ZALANDO
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 23 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 45 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten