Principal Applied Scientist - ZFS (w/d/m)
As Zalando Fulfilment Solutions’ (ZFS) Principal Applied Scientist, your role will be to set the department up for success in the adoption of ML use cases, their delivery and their maintenance and optimization over time. This is a greenfield area for Applied Science in Zalando and you will have the opportunity to define the department’s standards, processes and technology stack to help ZFS to deliver valuable insights powered by ML models. As a mentor of your junior colleagues, you will raise the bar of the departments’ scientific approach and will make sure that their output is of high quality. As part of the department’s leadership team, you will help us to identify strategic and tactical investments in technology, models and use cases that will set us up for success in the future.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Define the team’s ML architecture and Applied Science standards in the department’s greenfield.
- Collaborate with ZFS’ Product Organisation to identify the most valuable use cases solving ML, identify key performance indicators and optimise them over time.
- Foster collaboration between ZFS and the Applied Science community in Zalando, identifying creating synergies and adopting services provided by Zalando’s AI platform.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in research & industry to advise ZFS leadership team and ZFS’ strategic investments.
- Mentoring and coaching of Applied Scientists to support them delivering ML use cases from conception to production.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Masters Degree or PhD. in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Statistics or similar quantitative fields.
- 5+ years of industry experience with a strong command of Python, Machine Learning related libraries such as pandas, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, and big data frameworks such as Spark.
- Experience as a Principal contributor defining the Machine Learning stack of your organization, proposing and implementing best practices for Applied Science, mentoring junior colleagues and translating business requirements into actionable ML problems.
- Track-record in developing innovative approaches and applying state-of-the-art methods in your industry.
- Deep understanding of statistics and machine learning from simple linear models to more complex models (e.g., LSTM, Transformers), including solid theoretical/mathematical foundations and a good experience about what works in practice.
- Excellent communication skills in English with a proven ability to document complex domains and solution concepts in a concise and comprehensive way
- A team player and good communicator that enables others rather than becoming a bottleneck.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open sourcecommitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 35+ million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all the applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via e-mail.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten