Backend Engineer - Merchant Product Performance
As a Software Engineer within our Marketplace department you will be developing tools that our partners use to understand their performance on the platform, and to derive actionable insights to further grow their business. You will be working in a fast-paced and growing part of the business and the interfaces that you develop will be used daily by some of the largest fashion brands in the world.
Joining our Merchant Product Performance team, you will be helping us to deliver valuable outcomes to our partners and joining a team with a culture of constant knowledge sharing and many learning opportunities. We strive to create a progressive and collaborative environment.
When it comes to software, we love well designed and testable code. We strive for sustainability and confidence by making changes in small batches that are quick and easy to review.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
Learn more about our business unit from this webpage
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Creating scalable solutions and get involved with the entire development cycle - from architecture design to implementation, testing, maintenance and operation.
- Own your code and contribute to decisions on the technologies and tools to deliver as well as operate applications on cloud (AWS or Kubernetes), based on a microservices architecture.
- Take an active role in understanding business requirements and translating them into technological solutions.
- Take part on service operational duties, including monitoring and keeping systems up and running.
- Be an amazing team player, and provide support and guidance to other engineers to help develop their technical capabilities.
PERKS AT WORK
- A solid grasp of computer science fundamentals combined with a strong capacity of solving complex problems.
- More than 3 years of experience in backend engineering.
- Solid programming skills in Java. Kotlin or Python is a plus.
- Experience in designing and implementing robust testing strategy
- Experience with building microservices in Java using Spring Boot or similar.
- Knowledge of cloud architectures as well as experience with cloud platforms like AWS.
- Knowledge in technologies like Kubernetes and Docker but not limited to them
- Knowledge in architecture/design methods and patterns, data and API specifications, quality assurance and testing methods
- Pragmatic and curious, find the right tool for the right job. We solve business problems in the best possible way, but completion is better than perfection
- Good communication skills in English
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
- Family- and life-friendly working conditions including flexible working hours (*available for selected departments/positions)
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 23 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 46+ million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
We at Zalando Direct build a platform that enables our 1500+ brands and retailers to sell directly to 28+ million active customers across 23 countries. Zalando Direct is the technological backbone of Zalando’s Partner Program. We’ve developed a suite of sophisticated, data-driven tools and services that aim to further accelerate value-creation on the Zalando platform. These tools are built to empower brands, offering them frictionless access for both web and mobile interfaces, as well as API solutions, all backed by automation and sophisticated services to enable smart decision-making. We provide our partners with invaluable context, benchmarks, and insights into their performance in a multi-branded environment.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten