Here at Amazon we are currently looking for a Senior Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) Manager to join the team and play a critical role in supervising the health and safety within Amazon Air Operations. The ideal candidate will identify, coordinate and guide improvements in operations safety, quality and productivity, working with the Operations Management teams to continuously improve the functionality and level of service that the site provides to our customers.
You will be coordinating aspects of output in your area: people management, metrics, productivity targets, and process improvements. The extent of your tasks will include:
· Supervising the health and safety function in the site, including supervision of staff to ensure delivery of goals.
· Providing authoritative advice and guidance on health & safety matters to all stakeholders within designated area of responsibility.
· Reviewing and auditing arrangements for health & safety management and continuously improving these arrangements where appropriate.
· Providing strategies to plan and organize work systems to reduce health & safety risks and recommending suitable adaptations to plant, machinery and processes.
· Ensure robust reporting regimes are in place for H&S statistics.
· Providing management information and statistics related to your area of responsibility.
· Supporting business change through effective change management processes within the growing environment.
· Propelling behavioral culture change program across a large, complex, multi shift operation.
· Implementation and review of company global safety policies ensuring that local legislative requirements are also met.
· Manage risks and opportunities in a air transport environment.
· English and German business fluency are required.
· “Fachkraft für Arbeitssicherheit” with significant H&S Management experience, ideally gained in a warehouse environment.
· Educated to degree level.
· Extensive Air Transportation industry experience (cargo, freight, ground operations, passenger etc)
· Flexible approach to work, able to organise own priorities and workload.
· Able to effectively lead and coordinate a large team.
· Used to operating at all levels of the organisation.
· Great communication and influencing skills – result orientated and tenacious.
· An in-depth understanding of essential/relevant EU & DE H&S legislation.
· The credibility and influencing skills and strategies to be able to build buy-in to change.
· Proven record of coordinating significant change through an operation.
· You possess experience of Lean, 5S and Kaizen methodologies
· Qualifications or experience of environmentally-conscious initiatives would be advantageous.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.