Data Scientist - Personalized Navigation
You will be a mid-level contributor in Data Science—thinking and strategizing rigorously and methodically about algorithmic capabilities that solve problems for tens of millions of customers and improve their online fashion shopping experience across all Zalando's markets.
As an Applied Scientist in Zalando’s Personalised Navigation team, you will be part of a cross-functional team of engineers and applied scientists that is contributing directly to how customers can discover and navigate Zalando's vast assortment, in a way that's deeply relevant and personal to them. You will be part of the entire lifecycle, from understanding the customer problem, to data exploration to designing models, deploying, testing and monitoring them. You'll get the chance to work on and eventually take ownership of performance indicators for key parts of the customer journey.
This is a rare opportunity to take your expertise in data science and apply it to a product and online experiences used and loved by millions of people every day.WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bring in your strong scientific experience in researching, deploying and architecting machine learning (ML) and deep learning (DL) based solutions in areas such as recommendations to help our millions of customers in their inspiration journey
- Work across teams to create a state-of-the art science stack that enables the product strategy and be a driver of ML architecture and design principles
- Execute scientific roadmaps to tackle challenging fashion problems with state-of-the-art solutions and to keep us innovative
- Contribute to our scientific efforts with rigorous peer reviews and through publications in international conferences
- Actively collaborate with other teams and share knowledge and expertise within our talented applied science community
- Work closely with applied science leaders, software engineers, product managers and other business stakeholders to bring our state-of-the-art solutions to the customers and to discover and identify new opportunities
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS
- A solid background (MSc or PhD degree) in a quantitative scientific discipline
- In-depth understanding of machine learning theory in one area, plus a broad overview of the other areas, ML methods in general, and knowledge of current ML literature
- Academic or industrial track record in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Recommender Systems, Computer Vision and Image Understanding, Probabilistic Generative Modelling and/or Natural Language Processing
- Software engineering skills, ideally in Python and experience in Cloud Computing services (e.g. AWS), exposure to Spark or PySpark
- Experience developing long term research roadmaps and applying the scientific method to tackle research problems
- Effective communication skills in English, with an ability to understand and translate business and user requirements across teams
- You are solution oriented, adaptable to change, and have a drive for continuous innovation
PERKS AT WORK
- Exposure to a state of the art deep learning framework such as PyTorch or TensorFlow
- Experience working in cross-functional engineering and science teams within an agile environment
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.ABOUT ZALANDO
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 23 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 45 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests andlanguages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten