SPECIALIST SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT – Media And Entertainment
Location: this role will serve EMEA customers and can be based in most European countries,
Amazon’s mission is to be the earth’s most customer-centric company and to do that we need the best possible talent from all backgrounds.
As a Specialist Solutions Architect, you will innovate and scale architectural best practices around building and operating Media & Entertainment workloads by collaborating with customers, developing content and enabling the wider community to adopt the AWS portfolio of services for our customers.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to enhance your knowledge around software development, system administration, data and analytics platform, information security or service delivery and management, and leverage this expertise to guide Media & Entertainment customers across the EMEA region.
As a trusted advisor with technical expertise, you will share recommendations around security, cost, performance, reliability and operational efficiency to accelerate key projects at our customers.
Inside AWS, you are an ambassador of our customers. You will articulate customer needs by synthesizing your observations from customer engagements and market trends around Media & Entertainment workloads to inform the roadmap of AWS features.
In this role, your creativity will link technology to tangible solutions, with the opportunity to implement or document cloud-native reference architectures for a variety of use cases.
Specialist Solutions Architects are thought leaders in AWS technology and industry trends in their industries by creating and sharing best practices through white papers, code samples, workshops, user groups and blog posts.
If you are enthusiastic about enabling AWS customers on the art of the possible, while challenging the impossible, come and build the future with us.
• A natural curiosity for how things work and a demonstrable ability to learn new technology
• Deep EQ and a passion for sharing knowledge
• Experience working in a customer-facing role, creating technical content or delivering enablement sessions
• Experience in technical IT teams in an engineering, architecture, consulting, pre-sales, or similar function in the Media & Entertainment sector
• Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating Media & Entertainment workloads - either on premises or in the cloud
• Experience engaging successfully with internal or external stakeholders
One or more of the following qualifications are desired but not required:
• In-depth working knowledge in a technology domain such as distributed internet-scale web or mobile applications, DevOps, Serverless, Big Data, Analytics, Machine Learning, enterprise workloads (such as SAP, VMware, Windows), high-performance databases (SQL and/or NoSQL), complex networking implementations, or highly secured workloads
• Experience with cloud technologies including relevant industry certifications (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional)
• Experience with Archives and Supply Chain (media storage, rights management, Media Asset Manager)
• Experience with Broadcast infrastructure (playout, remote production, Production Control Room …)
• Experience with video distribution (Satellite, IP contribution ..)
• Technical degree (Maths, Science, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or similar)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.