Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
This role is within the Germany organization and you will be working with Enterprise customers.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced technical manager to lead a solutions architecture organization that helps Enterprise customers succeed using AWS technologies.
In this role, you will hire and develop some of the industry’s best cloud-based solutions architects, coach them on cloud adoption best practices, empower them to further develop their technical areas of depth as well as their communication, presentation and strategic advisory skills. You will be partnering with other teams within AWS such as account management, service teams, marketing, and professional services, prioritizing your initiatives and aligning goals to maximize long term value.
Senior Managers work on the most complex customer challenges and opportunities. They have a leading role in developing both the strategy and the team itself. They combine an informed view of the market and their understanding of emerging technology to speed up innovation. Externally, they are seen as thought leaders and influence the IT strategy of our customers. Internally, they earn a reputation of role models and deliver bar-raising guidance to other teams.
You and your organization will shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS services within Enterprise customers in the Germany. You will be interacting directly with executive customers to better understand their needs and align the right resources and tools to maximize their success. You will be measuring and delivering results, while staying in touch with the pace of innovation of the AWS technology and its use cases. You will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well so that you can shape the customer and solutions-focused initiatives of your organization. You will get to practice your creativity in driving the link of technology to tangible solutions and educating customers about the art of the possible. Central to this will be your leadership in driving Solutions Architects to create cutting edge reference architectures for a variety of use cases.
The ideal candidate has experience building, leading and developing talented organizations of senior engineers or solutions architects. Customer-facing experience is preferred, practical knowledge of the AWS platform is desired but not required, provided you have sound leadership skills and a strong technical foundation in secure, scalable and reliable IT architectures.
At Amazon you will be encouraged and rewarded for doing what is right for the long-term success of the customer. We value your passion to discover, invent and build on behalf of customers.
Amazon has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity and inclusion. We seek builders from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.
Key job responsibilities
Roles and Responsibilities
· Hire, on-board, train, and develop new Solutions Architects and Solution Architecture Managers; you should be an exceptional builder of great people.
· Coach Solutions Architects to conduct one-to-few and one-to-many technical sessions so they can transfer deep technical skills to customers who are considering or using AWS
· In partnership with account management teams, formulate and execute a customer-focused strategy to drive adoption of AWS
· Guide and prioritize the development of whitepapers, data sheets, and other high-value customer facing guidance and best practices
· Own the technical strategy that will increase customer value and adoption of well-architected AWS solutions across German Enterprise customers.
· Drive Solutions Architecture initiatives across multiple geographies
· Act as a conduit and liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
· Experience leading and growing teams of senior technology professionals, ideally in customer facing roles
· Experience driving technical and/or organizational change of significant complexity
· High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Exceptional influencing skills and negotiation skills
· Technical Degree (Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or equivalent) and/or relevant tech experience.
· Fluent written and verbal communication in English and German
· Passion for technology and for learning
The following qualifications are desired but not required:
· History of successful career as a CTO with large enterprise customers
· Prior working experience in a Chief Technology senior role
· Background in any of the following: Cloud Architecture, Systems Design, Software Development, Infrastructure Architecture, Data Engineering or DevOps
· Previous professional experience architecting / operating solutions built on AWS
· Experience designing, building, refactoring or operating large scale and impactful IT systems - either on premises or in the cloud
· Experience with public speaking
· AWS certification (e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification
· Continued or advanced learning (Master, MBA, PhD or equivalent)
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.