Global Category Manager - Electronic Components
Global Category Manager - Electronic ComponentsTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Global Category Manager - Electronic Components, you will be responsible for define, qualify and develop a supplier base best fitted to support the demand of ABB Robotics and deliver outstanding performances for categories impacted by the Tier 2 suppliers of electronics components (e.g., cables & harnesses, EMS) for Robotics & Discrete Automation Business Area. Please kindly submit your resume and motivation letter in English. Location Västeras or Shanghai. Reporting to the PDP D&SCM Head, you will be the owner of the category strategy and tactics supporting Robotics manufacturing plant performance and NPI.
- Developing and executing best-in-class sourcing strategies for your category with annual spend in excess of $50M
- Being responsible for complete supply base management cycle while securing cost, quality, delivery, innovation, sustainability, and risks performances, acting as focal internal point
- Leading supplier strategy for all NPD and NPI projects and provide strategic as well as tactical level sourcing support
- Predicting future trends and needs, working horizontally to stay abreast with changing technology and demand
- Helping team in identifying opportunities to create productivity projects and lead the sourcing portion on it to ensure completion
- Identifying & executing new dual source initiatives on sub-categories
- Running regular category project calls with cross functional team, closely monitoring progress to committed timeline
- Leading your commodity’s KPI reporting and track the progress towards the annual team goal to ensure required contribution is met or exceeded
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ work experience in category/commodity management, preferably in Electronics and/or Cables & Harnesses and in complex organizations
- Working knowledge of SAP or other equivalent ERP systems
- Sound knowledge and understanding of purchasing tools, processes, and practices
- Ability to work with cross functional teams such as R&D, NPI sourcing, quality, services, materials etc. to achieve timely project execution
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously, maintaining timeline.
- A Bachelor’s degree required, major in Engineering preferred
- Travel of up to 20-30% required (in non-pandemic times)
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Sick pay
- Meal allowance
More about us
ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation is a pioneer in robotics, machine automation and digital services, providing innovative solutions for a diverse range of industries, from automotive to electronics to logistics. As one of the world’s leading robotics and machine automation suppliers, we have shipped over 500,000 robot solutions. We help our customers of all sizes to increase productivity, flexibility and simplicity and to improve output quality. We support their transition towards the connected and collaborative factory of the future. ABB Robotics & Discrete Automation employs more than 11,000 people at over 100 locations in more than 53 countries. www.abb.com/robotics We look forward to receiving your application ( (pls kindly submit your English resume and motivation letter as well).). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten