Do you want to work in a start-up environment with the resources of Amazon behind you? We’re building a new team in Europe where you will have the opportunity to define the customer experience of different AWS assets for internal or external use.
At Amazon, we strive to be the most customer-centric company on earth. We love to drive results with data. To get there, we need talented, bright, and driven people. We are seeking for solid coding background, good design sense, an aptitude to apply cutting edge technologies at scale, and a willingness to challenge the status quo and raise the bar on every service and feature we build.
You will own end-to-end the design and implementation of major deliverables that will help other Solution Architects to be more efficient and fuel service teams with ideas. Thus, this position requires collaboration with product managers, technical program managers, software engineers and partner teams, necessitating a comfort-level with ambiguity and a desire to create, iterate and improve. You demonstrate customer relationships skills and love to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests. You enjoy simplifying complex problems and tackling tough challenges.
If this sounds like you and you are looking for a high morale team that drives results that influence the experience of AWS customers, this is the right place for you.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Architect, design and develop technical solutions to business and technical problems that impact AWS customers
· Participate and contribute through the full software development life-cycle including unit testing, design, development, security checks and publishing
· Participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
· Ensure solutions are developed and packaged in an easily consumable and repeatable way for customers and internal teams including sales, solutions architecture, and support
· Capture and share best-practice knowledge with the AWS solutions architect community
· Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers, solutions marketing, reference architectures, and reference implementations
· Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within AWS
· Professional software development experience
· Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
· Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
· Experience in communicating with peers, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software features, and technical designs.
· Written communication skills
· DevOps in practice
· AWS knowledge is a plus
· Knowledge about Golang, Rust, C/C++ is a plus