Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
Do you enjoy transforming data into actionable insights and taking data-driven approach to solving complex business problems? Amazon Fresh & Prime Now is looking for a pro-active business intelligence engineer with strong technological and analytical skills to work with the International F3 Analytics & Insights team (EU5+Japan Fresh & Prime Now).
Business Intelligence Engineer role is unique as it sits at the intersection of business, data engineering, analytics, statistics and data science. International F3 Analytics & Insights team works with multiple stakeholders to employ descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics to resolve complex business problems in inventive and impactful way. This is an exciting opportunity to explore analytical opportunities/applications, automation/process improvement, and tool development.
To succeed in this role you should be passionate about working with large datasets and be someone who loves to bring data together to answer key business questions using elements of statistical modelling. You should have proven experience in converting business requirements into efficient, scalable, testable & maintainable SQL queries. In this role, you will have ownership of end-to-end development of reports and solutions to complex questions and you’ll play an integral role in strategic decision-making.
A day in the life
In a week, you will spend 20% of your available time working with the stakeholders on scoping or demo-ing a new feature for an existing analytics solution or a completely new solution.
20% will be spent on operational excellence tasks, that are planned in advance.
50% of your time will be about building the solutions.
10% is allocated for urgent non-planned work.
Of course, the time for you to learn a new technology, attend or present at an internal analytics conference is baked into workload planning.
About the hiring group
The team has both Data Science and Business Intelligence skillset, which allows to create solutions at the intersection of two disciplines and learn from each other.
We interact with multiple stakeholder groups, including Vendor Managers, Amazon Vendor Services, Category Leaders, PMs, creating solutions that bring several groups of stakeholders together.
· Gather data and perform ad-hoc analytical exercises to generate actionable insights
· Employ data mining, segmentation, and other analytical techniques to capture important trends and create relevant measurement dashboards
· Drive standardisation, simplification and automation of internal processes and data products
· Manage weekly and monthly business reporting and create relevant measurement dashboards
· Work with various stakeholders to understand business drivers, goals, and actionable outcomes using analytics
· Manage datasets and work with technology teams to develop systems to support business needs
· Experience with SQL
· Experience with data visualization using Tableau, Quicksight, or similar tools
· Experience in the data/BI space
· BA/BS Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, Engineering or related discipline
· 2+ years of relevant work experience in data science, business analytics, business intelligence (BI), or comparable analytics positions handling large, complex data sets
· Advanced SQL and Excel skills to access and transform data into insights
· Strong written and verbal communication skills to report compelling and concise data insights to leadership
· Ability to generate simple and inventive solutions to deliver business value in an iterative way
· Experience of working with AWS products and environment (Redshift, Quicksight, EMR, EC2, S3, etc).
· Any additional technical skills such as coding / statistics (python, R, Django, Spark etc.), data visualization, research can be a bonus.
· MBA or advanced degree in an analytic field is a bonus
· Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects and priorities
· Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems quantitatively and develop actionable data-driven business recommendations
· Experience of working with multiple groups of stakeholders