Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our Leadership Principles, which encourage colleagues to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn the trust of their co-workers. We believe that building a diverse culture where our colleagues have a sense of belonging, value, and opportunity is essential to what we can achieve as individuals and a company. We support flexible and part-time options wherever we can to suit your lifestyle. You can read more about Diversity, Equity and inclusion at aboutamazon.com
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment? Do you have a focus on re-inventing learning solutions instead of replicating what's already been done? If so, the Learning team is the place for you.
Our vision is to deliver Earth’s most customer-centric shopping experiences. The dynamic nature of our business model necessitates that we deliver learning at exactly the moment that our associates need to apply it. We are hiring an entrepreneurial, analytical, and creative Learning Experience Designer (LX) to build learning solutions that drive measurable performance outcomes, and empower our teams to achieve the vision.
From inventory management systems, and new product launches, to customized customer-interactions, you will be responsible for collecting data, developing and launching engaging learning experiences that drive a customized experience. This position is critical to ensuring that our customers can experience the full breadth of Amazon products.
Solutions created/managed in this role will enable an improved customer experience, shorten lead times to employee proficiency, drive employee engagement through skill development, improve product and process skills, and develop bar-raising, connected leaders. Though supported by a senior L&D manager, this candidate must be comfortable working with autonomy to drive critical learning investment decisions, and will be responsible for ongoing management and reporting for programs developed.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Develop innovative solutions to knowledge and skill gaps through training and an advanced use of technology
· Design and develop quality, full-cycle learning solutions, performance support aids, knowledge assessments, and other materials needed to meet identified business needs
· Establish and maintain appropriate mechanisms for evaluating effectiveness of learning solutions
· Maintain current training materials throughout product updates, competitor updates, process changes, and product life-cycle mechanisms
· Collaborate effectively across functional teams, both within corporate and in the field, to define current needs, obtain learning content, and determine deliverable priorities
· Organize (and manage) learning content, using mobile training applications and internal learning management systems (LMS)
· Travel may be required, up to 10% domestic travel
· 5+ years of work experience in the field of learning design and large-scale program management
· Demonstrated proficiency developing eLearning curriculum, storyboards, online tutorials, assessments, and print-based materials
· Experience with emerging tech trends for content creation
· Experience in the designing and delivering of instructor-led learning solutions
· Demonstrated proficiency constructing, compiling and analysing learning impact data, and reporting ROI to stakeholders and senior leaders
· Experience using tools such as Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline/Rise/360, Adobe Premiere, GoAnimate, or Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator
· Experience using a Learning Management System (LMS) and Content Management Systems (CMS) for hosting knowledge content, data collection, and reporting purposes
· Degree in related field (instructional design, education, communication, or program management)
· Industry certifications in instructional design, curriculum development, performance improvement, program management, or content-specific certifications as appropriate (CPLP, CPT, PMP, etc.)
· Knowledge of web architecture, usability, UX and UI Design beneficial
· Experience collaborating with global stakeholders, SMEs, front-line managers and front-line employees
· Visual design skills – experience creating images and graphics which both support and enhance learning content
· Ability to share work samples demonstrating experience and skill using learning authoring tools and theory
· Experience working in consumer electronics, e-commerce, or retail organizations
· A working knowledge of smart home products and technologies