Senior Cat Analyst (m/f/d) at Allianz SE Reinsurance Munich
We are looking for a Senior Cat Analyst (m/f/d) to join our Cat modelling team at Allianz Re in Munich. In this role, you will be responsible for the Nat Cat Risk assessment of Allianz internal portfolios, as well as of third party clients. Your role will require application of advanced Cat modelling techniques and analytics, and include documentation and presentation of results to stakeholders. You will have responsibility for large clients, as well as for medium size projects.
- Analysis of Cat data, including but not limited to carrying out the Cat risk assessment (Cat modelling) for internal and external clients
- Preparation of comprehensive documentation, guidance to stakeholders, and knowledge transfer
- Point of contact regarding Cat data and modelling related topics, as well as for analytical services (Cat data expert and risk modelling process owner)
- Be key contact for Allianz Operating Entities concerning Cat topics. Build and maintain relationships to OEs and internal stakeholders (Retro, Underwriting, Group Risk, etc.)
- Support outgoing reinsurance, ILS solutions and projects and M&A activities upon request
- Support relationship management with brokers, external business partners and regulators
- Act as functional owner or contribute to Cat related projects
Experience & Key skills
- Degree preferably in Geosciences, Engineering or Mathematics or other appropriate discipline, or qualified by experience in a related discipline
- Minimum 5 years of proven working experience in Cat modelling using probabilistic cat models
- Profound knowledge in handling and analysis of large data sets including database technology and languages (sql). Minimum 3 years of experience working in this field.
- Advanced experience in the usage of Cat vendor models and DFA tools. Good understanding of (re)insurance business and treaty structures
- In-depth knowledge of risk assessment tools and metrics
- Excellent understanding of Cat data quality and its impact on cat model results
- Ability to solve complex analytical problems, and to present complex results in a comprehensive and understandable manner, also to Board members
- Up-to-date with state-of-the-art Cat risk management analytics. Broad knowledge on insurance markets and trends
- Proficiency in English is a must. German is a plus
- Programming skills in high-level languages (preferably python) is a plus
Allianz Group is one of the most trusted insurance and asset management companies in the world. Caring for our employees, their ambitions, dreams and challenges, is what makes us a unique employer. Together we can build an environment where everyone feels empowered and has the confidence to explore, to grow and to shape a better future for our customers and the world around us. Join us. Let’s care for tomorrow.
We at Allianz believe in a diverse and inclusive workforce and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage you to bring your whole self to work, no matter where you are from, what you look like, who you love or what you believe in.
Allianz Re is the Group’s reinsurance vehicle which actively manages risk and capital. Our range of activities include reinsurance, capital management, run-off, cat risk management, risk data analytics and new business developments. This strong combination of skills, experience, innovative mindset and capacity drives our mission of understanding risk and creating value.
Please submit your complete application documents (incl. CV, certificates, references and motivation letter).
We are looking forward to receiving your application via the “Apply”- button.
Allianz SE Reinsurance is committed to employment equity and therefore welcomes all applications regardless of gender, race or ethnicity, age, nationality, religion, disability, sexual orientation or philosophy of life.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten