Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
We are looking for a motivated leader with solid management and product delivery experience to lead our Robotics AI team. The individual will drive the strategy and execution for deploying a system combining a mix of sensors with computer vision and machine learning approaches for robotic manipulation. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a team that is pushing into new robotics territories. If you are inspired by invention, advanced system integration, solving complex problems and working with highly talented teams, then Amazon Robotics AI might be a great fit.
Key job responsibilities
As the leader, you will play an integral part in Amazon Robotics with the following technical and leadership responsibilities:
· Manage and develop a team to deliver against product requirements, by aligning research and engineering
· Apply domain knowledge and judgment to identify opportunities and quantify impact in business and academic environments
· Develop clarity of requirements, goals and strategies to enhance system development
· Apply advanced robotics research techniques to deploy scalable, optimal, or near-optimal solutions.
· Define metrics and milestones to track the performance of research and development of a devised solutions
· Manage and mentor team members for their career development and growth, teaching them about the business processes and critiquing their technical developments
· Evaluate the quality and scalability of solutions through frequent detailed data-driven analysis during the research process and create audit mechanisms to ensure quality of implemented solutions
· Align the research direction with product requirements
· PhD or equivalent in Machine Learning, Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
· 10+ Applied Science research experience in related industry
· 6+ years of team leadership experience
· 5+ years of experience deploying production systems
· Experience hiring and leading experienced scientists and engineers, as well as a successful record of developing junior members from academia/industry to a successful career track
· Experience working within a multidisciplinary product development team including engineers, scientists, and program managers
· 7+ years of industry experience in Robotics, machine learning, computer vision, autonomous controls, sensing and/or field operations.
· Proficiency in Embedded Systems, Python, Java, C++, and C#
· Prior knowledge of Amazon Web Services (EC2, SQS, DynamoDB, etc.)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.