Electrical DesignerTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity. The role reports to Engineering Manager and is located in Mebane, North Carolina. As a Electrical Designer, will create electrical connection diagrams that require knowledge of ANSI Air Insulated medium voltage switchgear to effectively achieve objectives. Assignments typically require the use of advanced and innovative techniques. Also, will proactively seek and implement initiatives to improve operations and increase customer satisfaction.
- Utilize engineering tools to create connection diagrams and assign terminal points for wire in engineered to order projects
- Review electrical schematic accuracy and work with project engineers to achieve desired electrical connections to meet project specific applications
- Customize electrical device layout with and create 2D drawings for wire harnesses and instrument door and barrier punching
- Ensure all designs work to meet company, industry, and customer’s technical standards/requirements (i.e. NEC, ANSI, IEEE, customer project specifications, etc.).
- Address manufacturing concerns or questions related to electrical wiring
- Provide feedback and solutions to project managers and project engineers to meet customer needs
- Create and document standards for assigning terminal points and rules for wiring
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to drive improvements in efficiency, quality, and/or customer satisfaction
- Provide feedback for improvement and maintenance of the respective engineering tools and systems (i.e. symbol libraries, guidelines, reference documents, engineering system usability, etc.)
- Associates degree in Engineering Technology or a related field and 4+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field and 2+ years of experience in Manufacturing, Customer Application Engineering, or Electrical Design.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical diagrams and knowledge in power systems and protection-related matters.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be self-motivated with a high level of creativity.
- Complex problem-solving skills required.
- Experience in dealing with the cultural diversity of a global business environment.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment and specifically with control wiring
- Experience with electrical distribution equipment
- Proficient with EPLAN software and AutoCAD (recent version) or equivalent computer aided design platform. Computer Aided Design certification or degree preferred.
- Familiar and have practical experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint, SAP, Windchill and other applicable software.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten