Senior Service EngineerTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this role, you will execute medium-to-high-complexity service work – installation, commissioning, maintenance, upgrades and retrofits – according to work instructions and in accordance with ABB processes, standards and safety guidelines. Reporting to the Service Team Leader, you are responsible for work in scope, utilizing understanding and experience to execute business objectives, and can affect short-term and some long-term business goals. Support Inquire To Order (ITO) functions such as assist BDMs/SMs/CSEs on Commercial Development Opportunities, developing scope of work, preparing estimates. Support Order to Remittance functions including project management, scheduling, procurement, and providing direction to other Team members. Will provide program leadership, technical direction, and assistance to ABB end customers, users and other ABB field personnel in the operation, inspection, maintenance and repair of assigned product lines to include but not limited to; power delivery, drive systems and control systems, etc.
- Promptly book travel arrangements upon receipt of assignment
- Wear correct personal protective equipment on jobsite at all time and comply with all ABB and end customer EHS policies and procedures
- Escalate any EHS violations immediately to ABB representative at project site
- All SOW milestones and deliverables are achieved in accordance with time frames and contractual obligations specified in this SOW and the MSA.
- Ensure all issues arising with Supplier’s workers performing Services under this SOW are addressed in a timely and effective fashion so as not to adversely affect service levels or quality of deliverables under this SOW
- Continuously review processes for productivity improvement and cost savings
- Does not allow any employee to be dispatched or complete any work related to any U.S. Government jobsite or end user
- Install, maintain, repair and commission equipment used in power delivery, support outages, control systems and power quality systems
- Maintain documentation on assigned tasks and complete reports at the completion of job assignments
- Develop working relationships with fellow team members and follow directions from Field Engineers, Lead Field Engineers, and Senior Management
- Cultivate excellent relationships with clients that lead to a strong base of referral business
- Serve as the primary on-site representative to the ABB end customer/user and other ABB field personnel
- Occasionally have additional team leader administrative responsibilities to coordinate internal field service activities
- Perform duties as the Project Manager for all assigned ABB product lines and assist the customer with technical understanding of the operation, maintenance, and trouble-shooting of multiple types of ABB products
- Review effectiveness of maintenance actions to identify training needs
- Assist customer with improving reliability and reducing cost of ownership
- Provide single point of contact to the customer, customer team, and all other ABB stakeholders
- Assist the factory with data collection and timely reporting to facilitate fleet performance analysis, including marketing intelligence and sales opportunities for services, and support
- Assist customer with spare parts ordering, issues resolution, and provisioning
- Perform collateral duties as assigned to meet business needs as they relate to EHS, Quality, Integrity, etc
- Perform the following duties in Power Delivery, Drive systems, and Control Systems, etc
- Ability and willingness to travel 50% of the time. Most travel will be within VA, NC, SC region
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college.with minimum of 10+ years of experience performing power systems analysis.
- Experience with various electrical controls and systems to include: Mid-Voltage Switchgear, Low-Voltage Switchgear, Switchgear, Power Panels & Motor Control Center (MCC), Generators & Transformers Maintenance, Electromechanical Repairs, Relay Testing & installation, Instruments; PLC’s & DCS, Wiring Diagrams, Blueprints & Schematics, Test Equipment & Instruments
- Demonstrated proficiency in repair troubleshooting, shop operations, and testing of assigned programs / hardware
- Must be knowledgeable in all areas of the National Electrical Code (NEC), Safety Codes and Regulations and QA (Local & National)
- Special training on Industrial Drives & HMI, Mark V & Mark VI, GE Mark VIE Controls
- Electrical Licensed preferred (Journeyman license, Master’s License, or Qualifier for state). Willingness to obtain license, as required
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB's Distribution Solutions Division provides utility, industrial and commercial customers with safe, smart and sustainable technologies for the distribution of electricity. With ABB AbilityTM enabled digital solutions at its core, our extensive portfolio includes distribution automation products, switching, limiting, measuring and sensing devices, switchgear, modular substation packages, and related services. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten