Electronic designerTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB's Measurement & Analytics division is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably. In this position, you will be responsible for the design and update of the electronic systems of the ABB products, for the measurement and analysis products of the Process Automation (PA) division, thus ensuring the highest level of quality for our industrial products as well as for our space and defense (SDS) products. Reporting to the supervisor of the Electronics group, you will work as an electronic designer within the electrical engineering team (Electronics group).
- Modify and update electronic circuits, both digital and analog.
- Perform the selection of electronic parts.
- Perform embedded software changes (microcontroller, FPGA) as well as test software (Python).
- Participate in the maintenance of design documentation, technical budgets and test and start-up documentation.
- Perform troubleshooting and failure analysis of electronic boards.
- Participate and collaborate actively in the evaluation and planning of tasks.
- Participate in the application of safety standards (CE, CSA, ATEX), environmental standards (RoHS, WEEE) and electromagnetic compliance standards (CE, FCC).
- Bachelor's degree in computer/electrical engineering or DEC in programmable electronics and robotics (TSO).
- Good ability to analyze and understand electronic circuits.
- Knowledge of Python programming.
- Knowledge of C/C++ programming on microcontrollers.
- Advanced knowledge of VHDL programming (an asset).
- Skilled in prototyping and troubleshooting of electronic boards.
- Knowledge of Altium Designer software, an asset.
- Good knowledge of French and English, both spoken and written.
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten