Sales Application Engineering Manager
Sales Application Engineering ManagerTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB’s Electrification Global Markets organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy in 100+ countries where the Electrification Business Area operates. Our 10,000 sales & marketing employees connect our customers and partners to our innovative portfolio of products, services and solutions. Our domain expertise and global footprint enable us to support our customers with solutions that address their current needs, while anticipating how emerging trends such as urbanization, digitalization and the shift to sustainable energy will impact their future needs. The Sales Application Engineering Manager is responsible for both the oversight of the EL Services Engineering team and providing support to internal partners and external customers on Electrification Services offer. In this role they will bring years of experience along with an engineering background (mechanical/electrical) and certification to ensure the success and growth of the Electrification Service business by offering Engineered to order Solutions, engineering expertise and sales and marketing support. Reporting to the Electrification Services Sales and Marketing Manger this individual will be both a manager and individual contributor to the team.
- Ensure the team is working towards exceeding our growth, orders and profitability targets
- Manage the team through their PDAs, career development, training, and succession plans. Foster a fun and rewarding environment that spawn’s engagement, retention, and effectiveness.
- Take a proactive sales approach and work with the team to develop proven solutions that are competitive in the market.
- Development and management of our modernization/solution roadmap.
- As part of Sales and Marketing team, support the promotion of the offer by being the product expert on both our legacy and current install base.
- Push for continuous growth of the offer ensuring full concentration on existing and legacy install base as well as competitor.
- Coordinate and participate in promotional activities and trade shows to market products and services as required. Be the technical resource to develop, determine feasibility and deployment of Engineered to Order solutions.
- Ensure all company policies and governing codes and standards are adhered to in building these solutions for our customers.
- Provide engineering insight into the deployment of solutions
- Ensure our continued growth and success by developing those offers most needed in the marketplace covering both ABB and competitor install base.
- Assist in the development of our LV/MV modernization road map that is ever evolving.
- Assist in the development of standardized pricing, pricing tools and accurate scopes of work.
- Provide internal training to sales and proposals personnel on the offer.
- Provide internal and external technical training as required
- Engineering background (mechanical/electrical)
- Proven leadership experience
- Proven sales experience in the electrical industry
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable speaking in front of large audiences
- Knowledge ServIS, BOL, SAP, SalesForce
- Strong safety focus and safety attitude
- Ability to travel at least 50% of the time.
- Willingness to expand knowledge base to cover new offers that complement the existing; digital, safety and communications etc
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten