Global Category ManagerTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Installation Products provide customers with engineered installation and safety solutions, which are easier to design, install and maintain - providing sustainable and superior performance for continuous operation throughout their life span. Our 3,000-plus procurement and logistics employees work in more than 100 countries, to obtain and supply millions of products and services in over 200 categories from thousands of suppliers all over the world. Our goal is to create a supply base that works as an extended enterprise, creating value through continuous improvement in quality, technology, and logistics, while optimizing cost and sustainability. This role reports to Global Procurement & Logistics Manager and is located in Atlanta, Georgia. As a Global Category Manager, you will be responsible for all the activities encompassing supply chain and strategic sourcing and cost reduction projects, Key Performance Indicators (KPI) management, pertaining to Castings and supporting all the global plants of Electrification Instillation Products (ELIP). Scope would include project management, supplier management (as per ABB guidelines and systems), coordination with plants, R&D, quality and product management teams to support the business growth and objectives. All the activities shall be done as per the Divisional and ABB Supply Chain Management (SCM) functional guidelines.
- Responsible for ELIP Castings spend @ 40 MUSD.
- Plan and drive the achievement of annual savings and cash improvement targets per category by division and by plant (by way of identification and leading various Sourcing initiatives & projects focused at Cost Reduction (CR) targets and cash improvement.).
- Applies and implements ABB SCM standards, tools (SAP Ariba), and processes in a multi-business organization.
- Direct supplier selection strategy for the category.
- Drive projects and initiatives in service management and improvement to all plants.
- Engage closely with all the suppliers for discussion on performance, planning, pricing and future development activities.
- Negotiate agreements with suppliers to best manage inventory, quality, cost and obtain best terms & conditions for ABB.
- Lead internal cross-functional efforts to identify and quickly implement cost-reduction and business / sales growth / New Product Development (NPD) activities.
- Coordinate efforts of inter-company global sourcing teams focused on reducing cost through utilizing purchasing leverage, standardization, technology changes and overall market knowledge.
- Strong focus on developing Best shoring and low-cost country (LCC) sources.
- Lead category teams with various representatives to drive commodity strategies and meet performance objectives and aligned to product management and business strategies.
- Coordinate with Quality organization to drive quality metrics and engage actively in various project implementations (First article inspection (FAI), PPAP etc.).
- Coordinate and Conduct vendor evaluation / qualification audits and plan vendor development programs.
- Develop, document and maintain supplier risk management process for the category that addresses risk from sole/single sources, financial risk, supply chain and capacity risk etc. to the business with clear actions and strategies to reduce risk over the short and medium-term.
- Project management using ABB systems/tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 5 years of procurement / sourcing experience.
- Certification in supply chain such as CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) or CPSM (Certified Professional in Supply Management).
- Proficiency with software applications such as MS-Office (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) / ERP tools – SAP Ariba (preferred).
- Advanced ability to communicate effectively and with impact across all levels from the front line to CEO.
- Experience in Supplier audits, supplier qualification, supplier performance monitoring and driving for continual improvement.
- Good manufacturing process knowledge of various types of castings and all related processes.
- Exposure to Quality systems and standards / processes.
- Excellent analytical capabilities to analyze commodity & business-relevant supply markets.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten