Sales Proposal EngineerTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In this position, you will be the expert in delivering competitive bids, estimates and quotes to customers for Motion - System Drives in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. Reporting to the Sales Director, System Drives, you will support the US System Drives organization by leading project proposal activities, creating product quotations, and building strong Customer relationships through the bidding process to ensure ABB brings valuable, competitive solutions to market. The position holder also develops and maintains strong Customer relationship, helps manage risk, supports variable frequency drive system solution development, and specification influencing early in the sales cycle.
- Project Proposal Management: Leads proposal creation activities for assigned variable frequency drive system project pursuits to provide on-time, high quality proposals for End Users, EPCs, and key Project OEMs. Reviews Customer specifications. Supports contract reviews and Terms and Conditions negotiations. Executes system dimensioning and product configurations. Specifies equipment and negotiates with sub-suppliers. Works with project execution to outline and/or validate preliminary project schedules. Leads internal Risk Review process, i.e. initiates, data entry, etc. Manages and prepares technical, financial, and commercial aspects of proposals. Leads technical clarifications and supports commercial negotiations.
- Product Quotations: Creates quotations for medium voltage drive product solutions to support our OEM, System Integrator, and authorized Distributor Channels. Product configurations. Prepares technical, financial, and commercial aspects of product quotations. Bundling of drives as necessary to meet Customer expectations (low voltage AC/DC, medium voltage)
- Customer Relations: Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships to understand customer needs. Ensures a positive customer experience throughout the sales process. Provides any necessary technical support to Sales Engineers during technical meetings with Customers.
- Risk Management: Identifies potential risks resulting from Customer requirements and specifications and coordinates the solutions with the sales team.
- Supplier selection: Identifies potential vendors for equipment and materials required in projects. Evaluates supplier proposals against Customer or ABB internal specifications. Works with primary vendors on standardized budgetary pricing agreements to support meeting demanding time-to-quote requirements. Collaborates with Supply Chain Management to coordinate requests to subcontractors.
- Presentation: Prepares and delivers Customer-ready product and solution presentations for different applications, both virtually and at Customer locations.
- Specification Influencing: Supports specification influencing activities with technical presentations, engineering support, and product positioning.
- Solution Development: Supports the Sales team and our Customers by determining optimal technical solutions and product selections to solve Customer problems in a way that gives ABB a competitive advantage.
- Bachelor degree (Electrical Engineering preferred) and 5 years of business experience in related field OR Master degree (Electrical Engineering preferred) and 3 years of business experience in related field.
- Travel up to 30% of the time.
- Strong technical knowledge and medium voltage AC drives and applications preferred.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Skills & Competencies: Time management and able to multitask. Good understanding of relevant markets, customers, and competition. Demonstratable relationship building skills. Goal/results-oriented mindset with capability to identify new opportunities and translate these into action plans and actual execution. Structured and Process orientated (processes, tools, dashboard…). Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication skills. Proven record in execution of defined strategic initiatives. Teamwork and collaboration. Ability to work independently in a deadline driven environment. Intercultural Sensitivity & Effectiveness.
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB System Drives is a global supplier of high-power, high-performance drives, drive systems and packages for industrial processes and large infrastructure applications. With our industry leading technology and global support, we help our customers, partners and equipment manufacturers with asset reliability, performance improvement and energy efficiency in mission critical applications. Our people and culture are the foundation of our success. We all together make the difference for our customers every day. We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm. http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten