Category Buyer Commercial/Travel Services (80-100%)
Category Buyer Commercial/Travel Services (80-100%)Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
In November 2020, ABB announced the planned divestment of its Process AutomationTurbocharging (PATU) Division. Turbocharging is a successful and profitable Division in a mature market and has been for long a highly self-reliant business within ABB. ABB has decided to take this step, acknowledging that for Turbocharging to realize its full potential going forward, a new setup is required. As the next step, alternative ownership options, including a spin-off to the Swiss stock market, will be assessed, considering value for customers, ABB and the future of the turbocharging business. This buyer role will be supporting Travel and Commercial Services according to required specification, price, delivery schedule and terms and ensure purchasing activities align with corporate purchasing policies and procedures. You will be reporting to the Global Head of IM&S, based in Baden, Switzerland. We are looking for someone who is strong commitment to develop the business in the long run, in close cooperation with team members, product groups and the network. Are you looking for a new challenge with the possibility to build-up a new organization from scratch? You love to drive continuous improvement and change within a global organization? Then we are looking forward to meeting you!
- Customer alignment: Aligns supplier orders with customer requirements (based on ERP and SOP or project requirements) in terms of content, quality, delivery, sustainability and price.
- Process alignment: Conducts all procurement activities for all indirect materials and services in accordance with policies and procedures. Monitor local compliance to the procurement operational process to avoid maverick buying. Provide training/coaching when required
- Supplier identification: Identifies new suppliers in cooperation with the PATU IM&S category team. Qualifies new suppliers in cooperation with quality and local stakeholders (e.g. engineering)
- Bid analysis: Analyzes and evaluates bids in order to determine the optimal value
- Negotiations: Collect and document all necessary information to prepare for negotiations. Negotiates agreements with local suppliers
- Periodically renew and maintain price lists, terms and conditions
- Contracts: Establish contracts for local business needs. Coordinate the local execution of global frame agreements. Communicate the purchase contracts to the network of local stakeholders. Monitor contract compliance
- Orders: Initiates purchase orders (PO) in the system, according to the Purchase Requisitions and in alignment with standard procedures, confirm delivery with suppliers, monitors and tracks supplier performance to purchase order requirements
- Goods received: Track goods received to verify appropriate delivery and ensure invoice processing
- Supplier management: Optimize the number of suppliers. Setup preferred vendors. Build relationship with the key vendors to leverage business terms. Manage vendor performance for key vendors. Handle claims for unsatisfactory service, material or equipment
- Transactional process: Ensure accuracy of transactional processes (material master data, vendor master data, order processing, interface support to handling quality claims and accounts payable related activities)
- Reporting: Perform periodic reporting on financial (e.g. savings, forecasting) and non-financial KPIs (e.g. procurement usage, supplier performance) defined by the IM&S organization.
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Economic/Business Management, CPM Purchasing Certificate or equivalent
- Proven track record in comparable position of 5-10 years with significant experience in IM&S spend categories managed, including supplier market knowledge, technical and quality related issues
- Experienced with procurement systems (ERP or others) as well as Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must possess problem solving skills and accountability
- Analytical capabilities to perform analyses on spend and market data, and supplier proposals
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Experience in digitization and sustainability preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Good networking and social skills
- Fluent written and spoken English (C1 - C2) and German (C1 - C2).
More about us
ABB Turbocharging manufactures and maintains turbochargers for engines on ships, power stations, diesel locomotives and large, off-highway vehicles. We strive to be a trusted partner in supporting our customers transit towards sustainable industries with innovative technology, expertise and smart solutions. We look forward to receiving your application. The recruiting process is being led by Hanspeter Müller, Talent Partner ABB Switzerland Ltd. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten