Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
Thousands of former military are driving innovation and raising the bar on customer experience at Amazon. On a daily basis, those with military backgrounds are able to apply their knowledge, skills and leadership abilities in a wide variety of careers – influencing change across the globe.
We believe a career change from the military to a civilian role at Amazon is a natural transition because of the support Amazon offers to help employees succeed, including mentoring from a vast internal network of Amazonians.
When we hire you at Amazon, we hire for the future. With unlimited career opportunities, Amazon invests in ensuring our teams are always challenged, constantly learning from each other, and creatively contributing to our next big idea. You will be surrounded by the best innovators of our time and we welcome you to make history with us.
Amazon’s military recruiting team is available to discuss the many opportunities within Amazon Operations.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Amazon Air Senior Operations Manager based in the Leipzig area has complete responsibility for inbound, outbound and ramp operations or a functional process responsibility.
· Lead and manage the outbound, inbound and ramp operations.
· Responsible for the overall safety, quality, performance and customer experience of the shift.
· Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
· Accountability for meeting and exceeding operational goals.
· Strategic planning and forecasting; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; resolve problems; and address staffing needs.
· Mentor, train and develop teammates for career progression and learning.
· Ability to develop and share best practices across the shifts and network.
· Develop and implement processes required to support the launch of operations.
· This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment.
· Candidates must be able to work overnights and may be required to work weekends.
Must be able to pass an airport security clearance.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
· Direct experience managing and leading an operation (Gateway, Warehouse, Ramp, Fulfillment Center, Sort Center, etc).
· Experience with performance metrics, process improvement, and Lean techniques (how, when, who).
· Excellent communicator, in fluent written and spoken English and German, with the ability to communicate at all levels of seniority within a large organization.
· Management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment.
· Air cargo/3P integrator ramp experience.
· Amazon Sort Center operations management experience.
· Previous experience operating in an automated package sortation environment.
· Experience in managing an operation lead process improvements though Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
· Previous facility launch experience with Amazon.
· You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
· Enjoy analytical work and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve.
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
· Willing to relocate and travel to any of our gateways or regional air hub sites in the country with the assistance provided.
· Interest in developing a long-term career through assignments in multiple operational buildings.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.