Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
Are you a MS or PhD student interested in a 2022 Applied Science Internship in the field of Computer Vision, or Machine Learning/Deep Learning?
Do you enjoy diving deep into hard technical problems and coming up with solutions that enable successful products that improve the lives of people in a meaningful way?
If this describes you, come join our research teams at Amazon. As an Applied Science Intern, you will have access to large datasets with billions of images and video to build large-scale machine learning systems. Additionally, you will analyze and model terabytes of text, images, and other types of data to solve real-world problems and translate business and functional requirements into quick prototypes or proofs of concept.
We are looking for smart scientists capable of using a variety of domain expertise combined with machine learning and statistical techniques to invent, design, evangelize, and implement state-of-the-art solutions for never-before-solved problems.
We are hiring interns for the following teams in Aachen:
Team Name: Alexa EU ASR Science
Domain /Research Focus: Automated Speech Recognition /ASR
Team Description: We are building and constantly improving speech recognition for Alexa.
We research into new approaches for Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR) and build ASR technology for Alexa. This combines many disciplines such as machine learning, software development, natural language processing, (computational) linguistics and signal processing.
Team Name: Alexa Natural Language Understanding
Domain /Research Focus: Natural Language Understanding, Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning
Team Description: We build natural language solutions for Amazon Alexa by advancing the state-of-the-art in Natural Language Understanding and Machine Learning. Our innovation impacts internal Amazon developers and end customers of Alexa in multiple languages. The team is composed of scientists and engineers who jointly develop prototypes and production models.
· Enrolled in a PhD or Master's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Statistics or related fields
· Experience in Java, C++, SQL, R, MATLAB, Python, or similar scripting and programming languages
· Experience in design of experiments, statistical analysis, implementing algorithms in computer vision using both toolkits and self-developed code
· Experience in solving business problems through machine learning, data mining and statistical algorithms
· Familiar with the core undergraduate curriculum of computer science.
· Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts and algorithms, schedule tradeoffs and new opportunities with technical team members.
· Publications at top-tier peer-reviewed conferences or journals.
· Excellent critical thinking skills, combined with the ability to present your beliefs clearly and compellingly in both verbal and written form.
This is not a remote internship opportunity.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Applicants who apply for this job will allow Amazon to process your application in a centralized hiring system that considers you for other similar openings as well
EU Student Programs Team