Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. As an Area Manager for Amazon Air based in the Leipzig area, you will have the opportunity to lead and support the outbound, inbound and ramp operations.
Key responsibilities include:
· Developing performance goals and objectives to achieve customer promise expectations and ensure accuracy and quality
· Partnering with the management team to establish and maintain quality control standards
· Proactively identifying and leading process improvement initiatives and Lean tools
· Building and executing productivity plans by reviewing work forecasts, determining productivity requirements, and partnering with other Area Managers to balance labor
· Communicating policies to associates and act as the primary information source for the team, maintaining compliance and consistency and taking corrective action when needed
· Supporting all safety programs to ensure a safe work environment for all Associates
· Ensuring procedures are followed for building security and product loss prevention
· Creating, managing, and supporting recognition and communication programs
· Available to work additional hours during Amazon’s peak holiday season and as needed year-round. In addition, you are flexible to work on any type of assigned shift (nights, weekends, etc.).
· Must be able to pass an airport security clearance
· Degree Qualification or equivalent
· Direct management experience and have been responsible for your employees’ performance and development
· Experienced in identifying and executing process improvement initiatives.
· Excellent German and English skills.
· Management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment.
· Experience in managing an operation lead process improvements though Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
· Previous facility launch experience with Amazon (internal job posting only)
· You have the ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself and meet it.
· Enjoy analytical work and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve.
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results.
· Willing to relocate and travel to any of our gateways or regional air hub sites in the country with the assistance provided.
· Interest in developing a long-term career through assignments in multiple operational buildings.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.