Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
At Amazon we believe that every day is still day one. A day to take a first step. A day to look forwards to new challenges. And today is that day for you. It's your day to be part of something great. A day to make your ideas come to life. And your day to join a company that redefines itself every day. That's the energy and passion behind Amazon.
We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join as a Transportation Network Manager in our Mainland European Transportation team.
About the role
You will play a key role in developing a leading position for Amazon’s transportation portfolio by owning and managing the relationship between Amazon and our transportation companies. You will own the commercial and strategic relationships with our commercial carriers. On top, you will align with multiple internal stakeholders, which is why you will need to like the exposure and negotiations.
Within the Transportation team, you will handle challenging operational issues that will require a deep analysis of our distribution network, hands-on problem solving mentality and a tenacity to execute solutions that will impact short term and long term operations. You will closely work with and involve functional teams to achieve best in class solutions.
You will drive performance measures, find solutions to complex logistics problems, pursue strategic, commercial, and operational initiatives, and manage innovation projects together with our carriers and across our constantly expanding European Fulfilment Network. Finally, you will be dealing with the inevitable challenges that come with continuous, rapid growth and a dynamic environment.
Project management and Network operations will be the main scope of this role, leading projects to optimize and accelerate the network with the ultimate goal to drive competitive advantage in the transportation space to fuel the flywheel and delight our customers.
This job is ideally suited for a highly talented individual who is enthusiastic about customer obsession and has a passion for technology. Bias for action and outstanding organization skills are a must.
- Own the network carrier portfolio strategy and ensure internal technical stakeholders are engaged to deliver solutions.
- Own and manage the operational setup for the carriers, from network changes to optimization and process standardization.
- Lead an execute both strategical and network optimization projects with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Take the driving seat of the next big transport innovations in continental Europe and translate concepts/ideas into proven enhanced customer experience.
- Document commercial and Amazon logistics capabilities (customer experience, speed, technology, cost) in Mainland Europe and identify major gaps to be bridged.
- Be the Amazon ambassador to explain and influence carrier’s strategy to invest in Amazon growth.
- Be the distinguished point of contact for internal stakeholders and other transportation teams, like customer service, finance, network design, forecasting processes.
- Advise Amazon leadership team proactively of critical situations along with mitigation plans
To apply please send your CV in English.
The position will be located either in our German headquarters in Munich or in our EU headquarters in Luxembourg. Other EU locations might be taken into consideration.
- Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, Economics, Science or a similar related discipline.
-2-3 years of experience in Transportation or Supply Chain, Production or Operations, or Consulting, preferably in a similar role, within a high-volume logistics, manufacturing or engineering environment
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills and ambition to develop these further.
- Familiarity with operations, logistics and supply chain management concepts.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Desire to manage a complex stakeholder environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, listening, and negotiating skills in English
- Ability to interact with commercial carrier’s leadership to nurture strategic relationships.
- Master level degree or higher preferred.
- Experience in carrier / service provider management in fulfilment, transportation or supply chain or experience in program management gained through work experience or graduate level education.
- Experience managing, negotiating and communicating with internal business partners, influencing at a network level to obtain their buy-in.
- Proven project management experience in a related industry.
- Good working knowledge in German ideal (written and verbal).
- MS Excel or other analytic tools in a business environment.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.