Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
Hundreds of millions of customers. Billions of queries per year and dollars in revenue. The scale and impact of Amazon Search is huge and we need you to imagine and develop innovative solutions to realize the future of product search worldwide. The Amazon Search team in Berlin is looking for a Software Development Manager to work on our worldwide services that help customers explore Amazon’s product selection.
The Search Navigation team is responsible for worldwide customer facing search features. Our algorithms select and rank navigation options to help customers explore, refine, and traverse search results across all device experiences worldwide.
We are looking for a Software Development Manager to lead a team of engineers that are agile, data driven, and highly collaborative. Your team will be responsible for designing novel services, propose ideas, and solutions during planning with your team, implement big ideas, and then measure the experimental results. Engineers on our team have implemented ideas that have impacted millions of customers and generated millions of dollars in revenue. You should love challenges and working on large-scale, customer-facing projects.
You have a strong sense of ownership and creativity as well as a focus on the technical operations for your team’s systems. You have a track record of mentoring and earning the trust of engineers. You look forward to working in a high quality, international and diverse environment.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 5+ years professional experience in software development
· 4+ years managing teams
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Proven track record of leading the delivery of large-scale, high-quality systems focused on the platform and application layers of the technology stack
· Experience with Scrum or Agile development
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Deep hands-on technical expertise in at least one major technical area: large scale full stack development, building complex distributed systems, designing massive global networks
· Experience managing complex projects, with significant bottom-line impact
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
· Experience mentoring/training the engineering community on complex technical issues
· Experience as a technical lead on demanding, cross-functional projects
· Ability to ensure the quality of architecture and design of systems
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.