Cluster Manager Health Safety and Environment (HSE)
Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
(English and Dutch Required, French & other European languages is a plus)Based in our newest fulfillment center in Bleiswijk (the Netherlands) your are responsible for Health Safety Environment in a number of our outsourced logistics operations in West-Europe.JOB DESCRIPTION
As cluster manager Health Safety Environment (HSE) your main responsibility is to make sure that our logistics service providers’ (3PL) HSE management complies with the Zalando Global HSE Standards.You will engage directly with the local 3PL HSE management teams and you develop, consult, challenge, coordinate and audit all aspects of Zalandos HSE Standards in their operations.WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Development and roll out of Zalando HSE Standards to establish a culture of HSE in Zalando’s Logistics sites that are managed by a 3PL.
- Liaise, support, and cooperate with the local 3PL HSE management within the cluster, in order to achieve full local compliance to Zalando HSE Standards.
- Provide local teams with guidance and technical support on occupational health and safety topics, including fire protection and COVID-19.
- Audit the HSE activities in the logistics operations within the cluster to identify and evaluate threats and risks. The information is used to challenge, recommend, and coordinate implementation of effective actions.
- Support the logistics operations in cases of severe incidents or crisis situations with your risk mitigation and investigation skills. You ensure that Zalando employees engaging at the sites find the same level of HSE standards as everywhere in the network.
- As you will initially be responsible for sites in the Netherlands, France and UK, you are expected to visit all locations regularly and perform all activities in accordance with local laws and practices, standards and culture. You are able to travel for approximately 30% of your time.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- A highly motivated colleague who is passionate to collaborate in multiple teams with a multitude of stakeholders from diverse backgrounds (logistics management, HSE management, international, etc.).
- An excellent communicator and influencer that speaks English, Dutch ( and ideally French). Your working methods show a high sense of responsibility, quality and customer focus as well as solution orientation.
- You are keen on using data to base decisions on and you consider all the facts and perspectives before drawing conclusions. Analytical skills are essential for this position. And to facilitate the analyses we require high proficiency in all G-Suite/MS Office applications and the ability to learn and use new applications fast.
- Hard requirements:
- Relevant Bachelor or Master degree, as well as certification as Safety Officer / Veiligheidskundige.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in the area of HSE, preferably previous multi-site experience for health and safety data management.
- Good understanding of Fire Protection legislation and experience with implementing standards.
- Part of our recipe for success is to think big and act fast; what you are doing today will affect millions of customers tomorrow. At Zalando, you have the chance to work within the world's best online fashion experience and in a rapidly growing international company. What else? We do of course have a lot more to offer:
- No time for boredom! Zalando is an energetic company where something new happens every day and you are expected to act as an owner.
- An opportunity to collaboratively drive this site to become key part of the Zalando network .
- A corporate culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, where your skills and inputs are judged by your results, at Zalando we solve things that matter.
- At Zalando we do not just work together, we also like to have fun together and always act as our team’s biggest fan.
- A multinational team of experts to inspire and support you in flying high and diving deep.
- And, last but not least, an attractive compensation & benefits package including employee discounts and relocation package if needed.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 31 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.ABOUT ZALANDO LOGISTICS OPERATIONS NETHERLANDSThe site is brand new and houses the largest ecom operation in the Benelux. It will operate using highly automated, cutting-edge automation solutions such as bag sorter and pick shuttles.
By the time we are fully operational we will operate an area of 143.000m2 and will ship almost 5 million items per week!
Currently still under construction, the first parcels are expected to be fulfilled in the fourth quarter of 2021. From here, we will process and ship thousands of orders every day - to customers in the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France and the UK.
For this site Zalando has contracted a Logistics Service provider for the day to day operation and a Technical Service provider for the development and maintenance of the technical intralogistics systems.
Our onsite Zalando team (20 employees) will be mainly focusing on managing the relationship with our service providers to obtain the best possible performance results for Zalando according to our Zalando standards of excellence.
Stepping in this role now means that you will be able to shape the relationships and success of the operation.Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten