Senior Software Engineer - Edge Routing and GraphQL platforms
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Edge Routing and GraphQL platforms team is responsible for managing the Shop router (Skipper) which uses the open source Skipper as a library for serving all edge requests for Zalando (>150,000 RPS on Cyber week). We also manage the GraphQL platform for the web and mobile App requests, with data aggregation from 60+ microservices. We are a self-organized, cross functional team with people from 5 continents and 7 countries, working with NodeJS, Golang, Typescript, Python, Java, and Kotlin. We prioritize “outcome over output”, “function over form”. Our team also provides other platforms and tools including the Localisation platform and many other developer productivity tools .
Our mission is to provide platforms to Optimize data fetching for frontend developers for faster time-to-market and Provide ahighly available edge routing solution to serve the routing needs of Zalando. #clientengineeringWHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- You will work with internal teams to enable customer facing features by extending GraphQL schema, routing, and localisation platforms
- You will improve the platform and tooling to improve developer productivity for users of the platforms.
- Propose architectural solutions to further scale the platform
- You will work on improving software engineering practices like chaos engineering, load testing, incident management etc. for ensuring high-scale, highly available systems
- You will train developers in the organization on GraphQL adoption and contribution
- Backend software engineer with strong computer science skills.
- Preferable to have experience/ willing to learn Typescript, NodeJS ecosystem, GraphQL, Golang, docker, AWS, Kubernetes
- Experience with Python, Java, Kotlin is a plus
- Experience with large scale Distributed systems and microservices is highly preferred
- You know/willing to learn Reliability patterns and API design
- You know/willing to learn Incident Management, Chaos engineering practices for high availability systems
- You know/willing to learn basics of networking
- Hands-on experience with enabling service observability via monitoring, logging and tracing providers
PERKS AT WORK
- You have a platform mindset and are interested in working with internal development teams
- You make fact based arguments on technical solutions and have a growth mindset
- Able to work with people from diverse background
- Able to mentor others and contribute to team’s pair programming sessions
- Communication and collaboration: share your knowledge, grow from feedback, communicate with empathy
- Exposure to open source contribution on libraries contributed or maintained by our team (perron, banknote, graphql-jit, skipper)
- Work on high-scale (>150,000 RPS edge request and >30,000 GraphQL requests) battle-tested applications
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.ABOUT ZALANDO
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 34 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten