Head of Product Risk Management
ABOUT THE TEAM
Department: Zalando Payments - Product
Reports to: Director of Product
Team Size: 5-10
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Risk Management team is responsible for all payment related risk products, allowing to offer especially our Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) products to the right customers without harming ZPS’s financials. The goal is to grow the top-line with an excellent customer experience while managing our bottomline exposure. Automation is at the core of risk management, applying and growing Machine Learning capabilities through identifying the right data sources (internal and external) and investing into new and existing models to make the right decisions on behalf of our customers and the business.
As the Head of Product, you are responsible for the full product vision, strategy, and execution. You will have full ownership of the problem space and solutions based on deep customer knowledge and business strategy. This role requires the leadership of multidisciplinary product teams and the ability to discover deep customer needs and to combine it with a strong business acumen based on effective risk steering.
You will need to collaborate closely with stakeholders inside ZPS (e.g. AI and Data, compliance) and across Zalando, including Checkout, Fulfillment and Customer Service Buying to establish a clear product vision. Crucial to the role is also to help us master our product culture across Zalando by developing and hiring product talent and facilitating product processes that create remarkable impact for our customers at scale and driving Machine Learning best practices into the organisation.WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Own and develop a Product Vision for Machine Learning driven products together with the Head of Engineering, the engineering teams, the data scientists and other product teams, e.g. BNPL and Payment offering.
- Define and drive the long-term vision and product strategy of Risk Management.
- Lead and mentor the product management team, putting collaboration at the core of how your teams work, thus, enabling and empowering them, developing them in working with data driven products.
- Enable a user-centric focus, and develop and drive product management methods and frameworks for Machine Learning products, applying the techniques of end to end product development processes (e.g. 4D).
- Engage with stakeholders across the company to understand user and business needs for risk management.
- Empower the team to stay up-to-date with the latest research on trends and new products in the Machine Learning field.
- Ownership of the budget and the virtual P&L for your products.
PERKS AT WORK
- An experienced, data-driven, collaborative, and passionate Product Management leader who has consistently proven the ability to define an inspiring product vision and strategy based on the right data.
- Has a proven track record on product launches, from problem definition, over solution design to launch; with clear KPIs, product roadmaps, and Go-to-market strategies in multiple geographies.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to link problems to business strategies. Also being able to transfer those to priorities and clearly communicate to product development teams, core business, and product stakeholders.
- 7+ years experience managing data science/machine learning products.
- 2+ years experience leading product managers.
- Strong commercial acumen that enables you to evaluate vendor offerings and build a cost-effective vendor strategy for third-party data.
- The ability to mentor and guide the team in product discovery, research, storytelling, and delivery. You will always have a focus on empowering and enabling your team.
- Background in Payments or FinTech is a plus, experience in working with risk products is a must.
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.About Zalando Payments
Zalando Payments builds the technologies for all financial transactions in the Zalando fashion store and our other consumer facing apps. We work to deliver a flawless user experience in the checkout, as well as processing of payments and reconciliation in the back-end. Through smart risk steering we boost conversion and deliver a competitive advantage to our customers, taking in the entire financial process.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten