Backend Engineer (Java) - Customer Inbox
At Customer Inbox, we are building and maintaining Zalando’s off site premise which adds meaning, relevancy and engagement to our customers’ journey through all the different communication channels. Our platform consists of a broad array of in-house built and third party systems, empowering our stakeholders to deliver the right message to our customers at the right time.
As a Backend Engineer you will help grow and maintain our in house developed portfolio of services as well as shape the future of our communication platform.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Consistently ships working, testable, maintainable, readable code/data to production in small and safe iterations. The solutions are performant, scalable and fulfill the set SLOs of the product
- Own and operate multiple Java backend microservices on top of Kubernetes and AWS
- Take on the challenge of scaling the systems to process millions of events and requests per day
- Actively shape the architecture of the Communication Platform and ensure sustainability
- Making a positive impact on our engineering culture, encouraging knowledge sharing and driving technical discussions within the team
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Deep understanding of Java and professional development experience with running Spring Boot applications in production
- Passion to write high quality and tested code with proper coverage
- Experience with creating and consuming RESTful APIs, that operate at scale, are easy to use, self-documented and have the caller’s perspective always in mind
- Familiarity with DevOps practices and technologies (Docker, AWS, Kubernetes, as well as CI/CD) with keen attention to meaningful logging, monitoring and overall operational excellence
- Able to collaborate closely with product management with attention to shaping a great customer experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English and able to present the thoughts in a clear and structured manner
- Knowledge of RabbitMQ and Kafka is a plus
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback,open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy andblogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Customer Inbox is about information and engagement. We aim to serve our customers with highly relevant content on their preferred communication channel. Therefore, up to 10 million times per day we detect one of our 23 million active customers benefiting from personalized, practical information. Further scaling the system, widening its scope and increasing content relevance by learning from customer feedback and behaviour are the some of the challenges we are faced with.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten