Principal Backend Engineer - Customer Care Technology (w/m/d)
As a Principal Engineer, you will be one of the individual contributors with highest levels of influence on the engineering team’s overall architecture for business continuity-critical services. You will be a role model and a coach to engineers and senior engineers within the team, and accountable for the execution of the Customer Care Engineering platform services to serve a fast-growing customer base of 35+ million customers across 17 different markets.
You will be a key part of the Engineering team, who are responsible for building and maintaining the software used throughout Zalando’s Customer Care (e.g. CRM, chatbot, self-help). Our focus is on improving the customer experience through providing automation, predictions and better service for both our external and internal customers. We have a complex system landscape, where an understanding of scale, performance, and cost of production systems is hugely important. As the end-consumer of data from across the breadth of the company, collaboration with other teams is key for the success of Zalando’s Customer Care.
The ideal candidate comes with a proven track record of working with cross-functional teams delivering complex, high-volume distributed systems scaling to millions of customers.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Technical leader to drive the future roadmap of the Customer Care Engineering Platform Services.
- Design, architect and build distributed, scalable backend services together with other backend engineers in the team.
- Drive platform initiatives and API development across dozens of services
- Leverage data to understand risks, priorities and scope of business objectives, and develop near term goals and strategic vision
- Lead and mentor backend engineers in the team and organisation, imparting technical knowledge, industry best practices and leadership skills.
- Initiate and lead technical projects, or propose changes to existing processes, that will improve the quality of our codebases and systems, and clear out technical debt and improve our developer productivity.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong experience in building backend systems scaling up to millions of customers.
- Communicating and collaborating with other Principal Engineers and Senior Engineers in the organisation, and obtaining alignment and buy-in to propose changes to other areas of our systems where necessary.
- Act as a trusted mentor and advisor to other engineers, and help develop their skills while assisting them on a variety of projects
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with a broad range of system architecture types
- Experience in evaluating and introducing new technologies and architecture methodologies and patterns
- Experience in proposing and driving technical changes across technology teams
- Be equally comfortable to business-centric ordeep technical discussions.
- Well-versed with Cloud-native architecture and platforms (GCP, AWS)
- Fluent in verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need
About Customer Care Technology
Customer Care Technology is the foundation upon which Zalando’s Customer Care rests. We have dedicated teams for engineering, product, business development, analytics, system administration and process management. We work closely with the contact centre, and with stakeholders across the business (for example, logistics and payments teams) to ensure we are able to provide the best possible experience for customers when they experience friction on their Zalando journey. Come join one of the happiest teams in Zalando (as measured by our quarterly employee engagement surveys)!
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 35+ million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten