Junior Software Engineer - Connected Retail
ABOUT ZALANDO CONNECTED RETAIL
As part of the Zalando universe, Connected Retail is enabling brick-and-mortar stores to sell directly to millions of online consumers on the Zalando platform. Together with our partners and state -of- the- art technologies we are building a seamless experience for our 42 million active customers to shop from local stores. This results in greater shopping experience, product selection and availability in products, faster delivery times and more sustainable shipping.
THE FUTURE OF RETAIL IS CONNECTED
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- You will be part of an agile team to improve the last mile and post purchase experience for our customers
- Primarily build backend systems in Spring Boot/Kotlin and operate them in AWS/Kubernetes
- Contribute to the ongoing process of building the team from scratch, and defining its purpose
- Help in defining and improving the team’s architecture and processes
- Collaborate closely with product and other colleagues
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Strong grasp of CS fundamentals as well as an ability to leverage them in solving complex problems
- Good communication skills
- Experience designing, developing, deploying and operating software
- Any experience with the JVM, Kotlin, Spring Boot, AWS or Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience with designing RESTful APIs
- Experience with different database management systems
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to around 32 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Teams at our Helsinki Tech Hub work on many of the cornerstones of our Fashion Store, including personalization and social fashion influencing components.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten