Principal Portfolio Manager (Zalando Technology Foundation)
Zalando Technology Foundation is a central function providing employee and business process enablement technology with the purpose to reimagine how we work at Zalando for the good of all, to be realized through World class employee experience, Security and Privacy by design, decision enablement through highly integrated solutions and workflows. The purpose of the Strategy Office is to support the unit to do the right things in the right way to achieve the group's strategic objectives. The scope of the team consists of strategy generation and governance, tactical support (e.g. portfolio management, operations development) and support in the execution of top cross-functional programs and projects.We are now looking for a Portfolio Manager responsible for the intake, prioritization and sequencing of projects as well as the health of an overarching portfolio that consists of multiple local portfolios and programs of the unit. This position has high impact; you will set up and drive a consolidated portfolio management framework for Zalando Technology Foundation. You will adopt and adapt company internal and external best practices to deliver on business needs. WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- To set up, drive, and continuously improve project portfolio management in the Zalando Technology Foundation business unit, working closely with senior leadership to define fit-for-purpose solutions.
- Creating and maintaining an overview of all ongoing and upcoming initiatives as well as the intake and prioritization process. Your goal is to maximize positive business impact via the project portfolio and will set up strong processes and principles to guide the decision making process.
- Ensuring strategic alignment, availability of resources and supporting senior management in the approval and prioritization of new projects and review of existing projects in your project portfolio.
- Introducing data-driven reporting and robust processes to support the sequencing and planning of the projects and to ensure that the organization as well as its stakeholders are able to commit to the work ahead.
- Creating transparency around the project portfolio of work within and outside of Zalando Technology Foundation, being the go-to person for requests coming from other business units and ensuring alignment with the Group project portfolio.
PERKS AT WORK
- You have 8+ years of project management experience including 2+ years of project portfolio management experience. You draw upon your past immersion of working in an agile and iterative environment and are able to apply high quality portfolio management standards but also know how to tailor and evolve these.
- A proven track record working in a tech environment. You speak the language of business as well as engineering and understand agile engineering processes on operational level and at scale.
- An expert in managing conflicts and priorities with both teams and stakeholders. You build strong relationships quickly and are able to clearly articulate and contextualize prioritization and trade-off decisions to stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- You are an innovator at heart and you keep looking for new ways to do things. You are able to put new tools and concepts into practice in a diverse, living and ever-growing organization and regularly reflect on your own work and share feedback in a constructive way.
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.ABOUT ZALANDO
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 20 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 42 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests andlanguages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten