Backend Engineer - zDirect Marketplace - API Management and Builder Platform (w/m/d)
As a Backend Software Engineer within Zalando Direct (Zalando’s Marketplace) department in the API Management and Builder Platform team, you will be building Zalando's marketplace infrastructure and you will enable business units on their API-led integration journey, as well you will enable external B2B partners developers to integrate with our services and APIs assuring a great developer experience.
We currently have multiple openings at different seniority levels, especially junior and mid, with experience in Golang / Java to join our team and secure the growth of Zalando marketplace infrastructure. You will initially join one of our well established infrastructure teams which is taking care of infrastructure components such as Identity and Access management systems, API Gateway and Developer Documentation to then lead the path towards the formation of a new team focusing on API Management and Builders/Developers tooling. If you are ready to drive changes affecting the key department of a billion turnover company, we are looking forward to having you in our brand new headquarters in Berlin!
Please read more about our business unit by visiting ourIntro Page - here.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Create highly scalable solutions and own the entire development cycle - from architecture design to implementation, testing and maintenance
- Own your code and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver as well as operate large-scale applications, based on a microservices architecture
- Take an active role in understanding business requirements and translating them into technological solutions
- Own service operational duties, including monitoring and keeping them up running and healthy
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- A solid grasp of computer science fundamentals combined with a strong capacity of solving complex problems
- Experience with designing and building microservices in one of our preferred technologies (Golang /Java) and as well able to propose and learn new languages, technologies or tools when they are the best fit for the requirements
- Knowledge in architecture/design methods and patterns, data and REST API specifications best practices, quality assurance and testing methods
- Cloud architecture experience (preferably but not limited to AWS and Kubernetes) is a bonus
WHAT WE OFFER
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback,open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 100+ internal and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through talks, internal tech academy andblogs, product demos, parties and events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, training platform and training budget, free language courses (English / German), pension scheme, 40% Zalando shopping discount on most products from our catalogue, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and access to an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in selected locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, and business needs.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 23 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 35+ million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten