Software Engineer - Zalando Direct (Marketplace) Platform Experience (w/m/d)
The Zalando Direct business unit in Zalando has the goal of building the next generation ecosystem for our partners (fashion brands), enabling them to take actions at each step of their e-commerce journey at Zalando.
Are you ready to make an impact by helping Zalando become the best high quality Marketplace in the Fashion Industry?
As a Backend Engineer, you will help us build a complex and heavily integrated portal which will be used by our over 300 partners. You will be involved in designing systems that help provide insights to partners to enable them to be successful on the zDirect platform. You will make it possible for partners to derive insights based on data from more than 28 million active customers across 17 countries.
Please read more about our business unit on our dedicated intro page here.
Examples of the problems we solve include optimizing business process flow and flagging anomalies, providing partners with insights and guidance to help them improve their Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), logistics optimization and many more. WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Together with your team you will own your code and deliver as well as operate large-scale applications on cloud (AWS), kubernetes, and based on a microservices architecture
- Create highly scalable solutions and own the entire development cycle - from architecture and design to testing, implementation, maintenance and monitoring
WHAT WE OFFER
- You have a solid grasp of computer science fundamentals combined with a strong capacity to solve complex problems
- 3+ years of commercial experience in designing, implementing, and deploying software in a production environment with a strong background in distributed architecture and designing and delivering micro-services
- Extensive experience in object-oriented and functional programming languages with a profound knowledge of REST APIs and highly distributed, scalable, and resilient microservices landscapes
- Good knowledge of and experience with relational and NoSQL databases
- Proficiency in developing robust software solutions with proven coding skills (think: clean code, reviews, testing your work, scalable…) - our systems are built using functional Scala
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties and events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, training platform and training budget, free language courses (English / German), pension scheme, 40% Zalando shopping discount on most products from our catalogue, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, diverse online accessible sports and health offerings (such as an extensive Employee Assistance Program for you and your family members)
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and access to an international team of experts and a very diverse group of colleagues. We are proud of our diversity and it shows in our recently published report.
- Sponsorship for VISAs, Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in selected locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, and business need.ABOUT ZALANDO
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 34 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten