Principal Product Manager, Zalando Design System (f/m/d)
Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
As Zalando transforms from Europe’s leading e-commerce company into The Starting Point for Fashion, this is an exciting time to join. As Product Manager in the Zalando Design Systems team, you will be working across the organization as part of a high-performing team on the conjunction of engineering and design.
The Zalando Design System support teams in executing on Zalando’s customer promise to make our digital products easy to use and the best expression of our brand. The Design System at Zalando is an internal product and the Design Systems team, consisting of designers (UX, UI and brand), web engineers and with a tight link to app engineering, provides a service for our entire product design community. The team enables colleagues to solve problems better by providing them with the tools they need, partnering on big projects, advocating our design and experience principles, as well as ensuring we all live up to accessibility standards and best practices.
As Principal Product Manager for the Design Systems team at Zalando, you will be responsible for the evolution of the design system for our customers and our colleagues. This will evolve around components, styles and shared libraries. You will be improving our processes, defining KPIs, working closely with other teams to increase adoption of the design system across our entire product family, and set the vision for the next phases for our design system. Where your expertise is needed?
What we’re looking for?
- The future of our design system: Use a highly-analytical customer-centric mindset to build a compelling vision of the future. Work backwards from this vision to construct a narrative for how we’ll solve customer problems and realize business opportunities that matter at Zalando’s scale.
- Identifying and prioritizing upcoming needs: Think big and act fast to work through the complexity of building impactful experiences for millions of customers within a large, ambitious organization.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and become a trusted sparring partner to the leads of those teams.
- Drive sprint planning and prioritization for the Design System team.
- Working cross-functionally with Zalando’s design and engineering teams to develop new concepts and tools for our design system.
- Helping the team define and track key success metrics.
Perks at work
- Demonstrated expertise in complex problem-solving at scale and ownership of impactful product initiatives through all phases of discovery, definition, design, and delivery.
- You are dedicated to improving how product managers, designers and engineers all work together. You lead with positivity and are a great motivator.
- You have deep user empathy and have worked with customer-centric design processes in the past.
- Experience using or building a design system, or a strong interest in design systems. You are able to have technical discussions, as well as care about the design quality of our library.
- An affinity for the fast-paced, changing environment of a large, ambitious organization, a sense of humour and get-it-done personality. You know that the success of whatever you are working on relies on the energy and attitude you bring to it and have the stamina to sustain that energy over many months and unexpected challenges.
- You are highly analytical and can tell stories with data. You know how to quickly model assumptions and can demonstrate impact through clear KPIs. You are able to use data to guide you and know when to rely on your great product instincts.
- You are an incredibly capable writer and verbal communicator. You know the right level of detail needed to communicate with a range of audiences.
- You have 5+ years of experience in Product Management and have beliefs and principles informed by both success and failure.
- You will work in a team that truly includes a variety of job families and evolves around close collaboration of engineers and designers.
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events.
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings.
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts.
- Relocation assistance for internationals.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.About Zalando
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 29 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests andlanguages our teams choose to use.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten