BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: Data Engineer
Customer: DHL Supply Chain
Grade: RCS J
Contract Type: Full-time, Permanent
Closing Date for Applications: 13th October
We are offering you the unique chance to become a Data Engineer in the Global Data & Analytics Services Team!
Global Data & Analytics Services is a Team within DHL Supply Chain - Information & Performance Management Centre of Excellence. The department works with state of the art technologies in Data Analytics area. We define data reference architecture for Supply Chain globally and design and implement end to end data pipelines for our business critical applications.
In the role of Data Engineer you will be working in Data Lake and Data Warehousing projects, responsible for:
- Analyzing business and system requirements, and define optimal data strategy of fulfilling them
- Designing and implementing data acquisition strategies. Data Engineer owns and extends the business's data pipeline through the collection, storage, processing, and transformation of large data-sets;
- Building scalable, performant, supportable and reliable data pipelines. You must enjoy optimizing data systems as well as building them from the ground up;
- Setting up new, and monitoring of existing metrics, analyzing data, and in cooperation with other Data & Analytics team members identifying and implementing system and process improvements;
- Supporting collection of the metadata into our data catalogue system where all available data is maintained and cataloged;
- Defining and implementing DevOps framework using CI/CD
- Working closely with big data architects, data analysts, data warehouse engineers, and data scientists
- Supporting and promoting Agile way of working using SCRUM framework
- Coaching junior data engineers within the team
What will you need?
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, or related field;
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in the IT;
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in the Data Engineer role;
- Strong analytic skills related to working with structured, semi structured and unstructured datasets;
- Outstanding Programming skills in Python/PySpark – minimum 2+ years of experience (nice to have - Java/Scala);
- Expertise with Data Lake/Big Data Projects implementation in Cloud (preferably MS Azure) and/or On-premise platforms:
- Cloud – Azure technology stack:ADLS Gen2, Databricks (proven experience is a big plus!), EventHub, Stream Analytics, Synapse Analytics, AKS, Key Vault;
- On Premise: Spark, HDFS, Hive, Hadoop distributions (Cloudera or MapR), Kafka, Airflow (or any other scheduler)
- Expert SQL knowledge and experience with relational databases, query authoring (SQL), as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases;
- Nice to have - Data Warehousing skills for large complex data sets – defining, building and optimizing data models based on use case requirements
- Ability to develop, maintain and distribute the code in modularized fashion
- Familiarity with DevOps framework
- Very good understanding of Software Development Lifecycle, source code management, code reviews, etc.
- Experience in performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement;
- Experience in building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management;
You should have:
- Ability to collaborate across different teams/geographies/stakeholders/levels of seniority
- Energetic, enthusiastic and results-oriented personality
- Customer focus with an eye on continuous improvement
- Motivation and ability to perform as a consultant in data engineering projects
- Ability to work independently but also within a Team - you must be a team player!
- Strong will to overcome the complexities involved in developing and supporting data pipelines
- Agile mindset
- English – Fluent spoken and written (C1 level)
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the Globe. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich