Do you have a passion for systems and application performances? We are a growing team of experienced Engineers who are passionate about making Amazon.* web and mobile experiences fast, delightful to our users and cheaper to run. Site performance is among the most direct contributors to user engagement and business results, and we are seeking an experienced Software Development Manager to lead the new, high-impact team focused on performance and efficiency spanning all products across Amazon website. The team “hunts” for any optimizations opportunities without limits or borders and collaborate closely with Engineers and teams across the company to implement the best web performance solutions. You'll lead a multifaceted and agile development team that isn't afraid to take big swings to get the best results. We believe that #perfmatters for our users and we love to try new things and learn from them. We grow by doing so and you will, too!
As a Software Development Manager, your responsibilities range from contributing and reviewing the product roadmap, defining the team's charter, and driving the software development process, to setting individual goals for the developers, working on their career development, managing their performance, and keeping them engaged with the exciting development tasks. This is a hands on position: direct technical management, mentoring, delivery, and maintenance required. You will think globally, ensuring the whole organization continues to build high performance systems that can scale gracefully across every product we sell and location around the world. Amazon has pioneered shopping and we’re just getting started.
What is in it for you?
· Work life balance: Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
· Impact: Work on an online experience that is being used, directly and indirectly, by millions of customers and has a meaningful impact to their functions and interactions.
· Team culture: You'll be joining a fun team that prides itself on a great work environment with an inclusive group of people that loves working together towards a common goal.
· Gratification: You will know you are directly responsible for solving real customer pain points.
· Learn & Grow: You will learn and grow with challenges across multiple applications and stacks.
· 3+ years of direct people management experience, managing engineers
· 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· 6+ years of direct people management experience, managing engineers
· Understanding of service oriented architecture, distributed systems, workflow management.
· Experience building scalable, efficient and highly available web services or applications
· Experience with performance and latency troubleshooting
· Passion for customer/user experience
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.