Amazon is looking for an Group Manager (f/m/d) (Virtual contact center/ Work from home) who will have responsibility for up to 140 virtual associates and direct line management of 5-7 virtual working Team Managers. You can be based anywhere you want in Germany but you need to be based in Germany for this role.
The number one priority for this role is to ensure that associates are supported to deliver a world class experience. The role will require you to ensure your Team Manager priorities remain focused on supporting their associates. To enable Team Managers to focus on supporting their people, you will oversee the operational delivery of the teams you lead. Additionally, this role is based on a virtual customer support site, and it will require someone who can engage and motivate a team in a fast-paced customer service environment.
The ideal Group Manager ensures that Team Manager priorities and tasks are aligned to supporting associates apply the Amazon Contact Tenets. To achieve this, an ideal Group Manager coaches and supports their Team Managers to build a work environment where associates are engaged and feel a positive sense of achievement about their role in delivering world class service.
You will be responsible for the overall performance and operational delivery of your virtual teams, this will require you to work with key support functions such as Capacity Planning and Quality Assurance to review performance trends and opportunities and take continual action to improve the service level and quality of performance. You will be an escalation point for your Team Manager and their people to take action on issues or barriers impacting the customer experience and will lead Kaizen events to solve people or customer issues. You will represent your team in the wider business, being accountable for creating the input, actions and representation of team performance in standard meeting routines such as metric calls. You will also be a key partner for business teams when operational points of contact to co-ordinate launches, messaging or reviews are required.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
Knows and communicates the Amazon mission, vision and strategy in a virtual environment
Understands and owns the controllable elements of service level delivery and quality KPIs and engagement scores
Ability to use data and insights to prepare metric reviews and start needed actions
Experience directly leading team(s) of people in an virtual environment
Ability to communicate to all leadership levels, not only virtual
Positive communicator who understands when necessary how to have tough conversations
Create developmental plan for salaried leaders
Experience interviewing and selecting people who will maintain a high performance bar in Amazon
Identify and utilize "superpowers" among your leadership organization to support the business
Leads and participates in Kaizen events to improve the customer and associate experience
Uses data to identify areas of ongoing improvement in how service is delivered
Ensure processes are in place for continuous improvement and foster innovation on your teams and on a virtual basis
Acts as the operational representative for business teams to understand voice of the customer
· University degree
· Fluent in German and English in written and oral communication
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel
· Experience in leading teams in a virtual environment
· Internet connection with 50 Mbit/s or faster
· Separate, lockable working room in Germany
· Proven experience of managing team leaders/managers in contact centers.
· Excellent communication skills in German and English– verbal and written
· Excellent managerial and leadership skills key to managing a contact center team.
· Should be comfortable with a multi-tasking in a high-energy environment.
· Should be creative and analytical problem solver with a passion to provide excellent customer service
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team in a very dynamic and virtual environment
· Should be competent in influencing and managing change
· Demonstrated decision making skills
· Strong listening skills
· Maintains a high level of professionalism and approachability
· Positive communicator who also can lead tough conversations
· Ability to confidently facilitate team discussions and communicate business messages
· Experience in coaching and leading employees
· Understanding of and practical experience in effective coaching techniques
· Ability to continually support employees through individual development plans
· Confidence to interview applicants and demonstrate understanding of the performance and leadership bar to effectively apply it on hiring decisions
· Role model for contact handling skills
· Knows Amazon processes and policies at an expert level
· Ability to review contacts to identify WOW moments, examples for excellent Customer Service and opportunities to support associates with coaching
· Excellent time management, organizational talent and presentation skills
· Ability to deal with constant change positively and maintain high motivation
· Drives team engagement and actions through internal survey results and insights
· Helps associates understand the performance bar and supports them to reach it
· Completes tasks on time to a high quality standard
Experience in customer support, logistics/transportation industry, best with virtual experiences
Ability to function in an ambiguous, fast-paced work environment working under pressure while consistently meeting standards for productivity and quality
Previous work experience in a global, industry leading business
Experience in leading teams in a virtual environment
Proven experience in developing macro-enabled reports
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Note to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.