*Flexibility for alternate EU Amazon offices*
Amazon’s mission is to be the most customer centric company in the world. The Workforce Staffing organization is on the front line of that mission by hiring the hourly fulfillment associates who make that mission a reality. To drive the necessary growth and continued scale of Amazon’s associate needs within a constrained employment environment, Amazon has created a Workforce Staffing Analytics program. This program will re-invent how Amazon attracts, communicates with, and ultimately hires its hourly associates. This team owns multi-layered research and program implementation to drive deep learnings, process improvements, and strategic recommendations to global leadership.
What is the role?
The Business Intelligence Engineer II will be responsible for creating the proper data modeling necessary to facilitate reporting and analytics, identifying new data sources, and building out comprehensive data visualizations for key stakeholders. This role is truly a jack of all trades; it will be part process improvement, part analytics, part data modeling, and part strategic design. If you can seamlessly move across these various skillsets then you’ll thrive in this role. Are you passionate about data? Are you a tinkerer by trade? Do you enjoy questioning the status quo? Do complex and difficult challenges excite you? If yes, this may be the team for you.
· Build out comprehensive metrics to measure operational health, then demonstrate continuous improvement within these metrics
· Be the voice of your customers; communicate the needs of candidates, associates and staffing coordinators to your stakeholders via the data
· Identify various data sources to enable holistic analysis at a global level
· Build data visualizations to tell the story and let the data speak for itself
· Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Finance, Mathematics, or related field
· Minimum 5+ years of relevant work experience in a BI and/or Statistics role
· Advanced knowledge of SQL and ability to write complex SQL queries
· Demonstrated leadership in data warehousing concepts, including data modeling initiatives
· Experience with Tableau, QuickSight, Power BI, and/or other data visualization tools
· Master’s in Computer Science, Information Systems or MBA
· Familiarity with cloud infrastructure preferably AWS including EC2, S3 and Redshift
· Experience with R and/or Python is desirable.
· Experience in leading technical discussions and assisting teams in designing solutions
· Proven ability to develop engaging customer-facing programs
· Ability to self-direct, multitask, and prioritize a constantly evolving workload.
· Able to work in a diverse team