Amazon is not an average retailer and this is definitely not your average job. We’ll give you the opportunity to really make a difference to our business. We’re looking for an exceptional professional with outstanding technical skills who has what it takes to make us the place for people to come to find anything they might want to buy online, with the opportunity to fulfill the Amazon motto to “Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.”
Client Support Services group is looking for best-in-class client-side support personnel. They will provide quality technical support to internal customers through all available channels, meeting or exceeding their expectations at every opportunity.
The successful IT Support Engineer I will be customer focused and motivated by team success. They will be innovative, energetic, and able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with a high volume of requests. They will be committed, flexible, and have demonstrated the ability to maintain high levels of productivity with minimal supervision. They will demonstrate strong initiative and have the ability to learn quickly.
· Excellent customer facing skills.
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
· Previous experience in which high levels of initiative, judgment, and tact have been demonstrated.
· In addition, you will need a proven ability to operate in extreme high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
· Must be willing to work in a fast paced and growing European and global environment where some travel maybe required.
· Ability to develop clear, concise documentation.
· Experience in procurement, inventory and asset management of IT equipment as well as managing the IT life cycle.
· Superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills and experience and the ability to deal effectively with people at different levels and in different situations.
· Hardware knowledge / experience - support and repair.
· An advanced understanding of technical issues, both hardware and software, for infrastructure (servers, networking, telephony) and end user equipment.
· Holds an understanding of core internet technologies - DHCP, DNS, TCP/IP, mail transport/s.
· Active Directory and Windows Server administration. Windows 10 system support.
· Linux/Unix system support and ability to write simple scripts in some administrative language.
· Apple Mac OSX support.
· Support of office/productivity software including Microsoft Office
· Mobile device support such as iPhone and/or Android
· Video conferencing setup and troubleshooting.
· VPN client support.
· A broad understanding of networking technologies both wired and wireless. Port level troubleshooting of Cisco switches and data cabling knowledge.
· A good understanding of VoIP technologies
· Ability to understand and execute change management activities
· Ability to liaise with vendors for all steps of the procurement process