Software Engineer - Media Platform
ABOUT THE TEAM
A full story in Fashion cannot be truly told without rich engaging media, so it is not surprising that it is the foundation on which Zalando builds to become the starting point of Fashion.
The Media Platform team is responsible for delivering high quality media content (images, video streams etc) to millions of Zalando customers as fast as possible. We own and operate the Media transformation platform which ensures that the engaging content from our digital studios can be surfaced to our customers. We use Golang, Typescript, AWS CloudFront and Lambdas to enable media delivery at a scale of 100 000+ RPS. Every problem is a challenge of another order of magnitude at such a large scale and due to high reliance on our systems, reliability is of utmost importance.
Are you impact driven and love to see your work delighting millions of customers? Are you passionate about cloud technology and solving challenges at high scale? Are you someone who loves tinkering with images and video? Join us in the Media team!
You will be responsible for developing, testing and deploying the Zalando media delivery solutions and maintaining their high reliability. As well as designing and prototyping innovative solutions to push the media boundaries even further to provide delightful and engaging user experiences for our customers.
As a diverse international team of platform backend engineers working in an agile fashion, you will be collaborating with many internal stakeholders, communicating with them precisely and transparently while solving challenges together. After all, we’re all a big team in Zalando.WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Part of the central architectural platform teams and part of the team handling the highest amount of traffic within Zalando (100 000+ RPS at peak time)
- Own and be responsible for the delivery of the media solutions for Zalando
- Develop systems that manipulate media content as well as extracting information from those media
- Operate for one of every e-commerce’s most critical components: Zalando cannot sell its products without their images
- Operate for one of our most critical components: Zalando cannot sell its products without their images
- Propose innovative solutions to enhance Web and App experiences using media
- Work closely together with many delivery teams
- Contribute to our growing tech community and encourage knowledge sharing in an agile work environment
- You have great communication and interpersonal skills
- You have experience or are interested in media processing and optimization
- You have experience in building and maintaining large web applications and/or REST APIs
- You have some knowledge in automated deployment pipelines and monitoring (Docker, Kubernetes, or similar)
- You have experience or interest to work with AWS and/or a similar environment including serverless architecture
Zalando hires based on skills and performance, not checklists. The list above mentions some of the key skills our successful candidates often demonstrate.WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY FOR THIS POSITION AT ZALANDO
PERKS AT WORK
- Tackle some of the industry's most complex technical problems on the unprecedented scale, with impact going way beyond a single team or product
- We take the engineering-first approach to addressing real-world, meaningful problems for millions of real people
- Zalando enjoys 13 years of stable business growth and market expansion and offers competitive compensation and unique benefits
- Zalando has built an employee performance review process that works. It is fair, unbiased, sets clear objectives, encourages and supports your career growth
- Great international culture with strong support for diversity, inclusivity and equality
- Relocation and visa support for applicants who need it
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. #clientengineeringABOUT ZALANDO
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 34 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests andlanguages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten