Java Engineer, Machine Learning (Payments)
A call for Backend Java Engineers for Zalando Payments!
We are looking for experience in distributed systems and Machine Learning workflows.WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
You will be developing and running ML enabled risk assessment systems that process billions of euros every year and help shape an architecture that is scalable and allows for rapid feature development and testing.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Build data-intensive applications, services, and data science projects
- Develop, deploy, operate, and improve important software solutions that impact millions of customers
- Based on our Microservices architecture, you and your teammates will own your code and decide on the technologies and tools to deliver, as well as operate large-scale applications on PaaS/SaaS cloud (we are based on Amazon platform)
- Add value by leveraging current trends in software design, architecture, and web services
- An open-minded and humble person, who encourages knowledge sharing and drives technical discussions within the team.
PERKS AT WORK
- Previous experience working with ML algorithms, contributing to data-intensive applications as well as cooperating with Data scientists
- 3+ years of professional experience writing JAVA production-level working code with modern development practices
- Passion for education! A bachelors degree in Computer Science would be ideal
- Understand the properties of large scale distributed systems
- Experience with Java 11 is desirable, as well as relational and NoSQL databases. On top of this a familiarity with containerization technologies, in particular, Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge in stream processing frameworks such as Flink, Spark Streaming, Samza are nice to have.
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback, open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy and blogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.ABOUT ZALANDO
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests and languages our teams choose to use.
Zalando Payments builds the technologies for all financial transactions in the Zalando fashion store and our other consumer facing apps. We work to deliver a flawless user experience in the checkout, as well as processing of payments and reconciliation in the backend. Through smart risk steering we boost conversion and deliver a competitive advantage to our customers, taking in the entire financial process.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten