Senior Software Engineer - Web Scraping/Crawling
Zalando’s Market Intelligence team is looking for talented senior software engineers who have a passion for building applications at the intersection of data engineering and web development, and want to shape the next generation of pricing services! You will be part of a team to utilize innovative technologies including machine learning at scale like finding exact product matches through image recognition.
You will help us:
- Crawl and scrape over 500 online stores that compete with Zalando across 25 countries on a daily basis
- Find exact product matches between the Zalando assortment and competitors
- Feed Zalando’s pricing algorithms to enable actionable intelligence based on data
You will create a tremendous impact on our 42+ million active customers by offering attractive prices in comparison to prices customers find at other stores. You will also support over 550 Zalando employees by providing insight dashboards that highlight what’s happening in various European fashion markets. You will challenge our status quo, drive innovation and apply agile practices.
WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
- Design and develop backend services that crawl/scrape and/or match identical products from 100s of websites using cutting edge tech stack
- Apply your Python development skills to build production systems and the infrastructure for big data processing on AWS using microservices and RESTful APIs
- Design reliable systems that implement SRE best practices
- Maintain and support business-critical systems
- Ship code to production every day using CI/CD techniques
- Tackle the challenges that come with processing highly sensitive data
- Value security over box-ticking
- Make your mark on ambitious projects
- Design, develop, deploy, operate and improve software solutions that your peers praise for its elegance and code readability
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of professional software development experience in building scalable data-driven products. Experience in web scraping/crawling and/or identical product matching is a plus.
- Expert level programming experience in Python
- Strong experience in designing and architecting distributed services
- Solid relational database skills (Postgres, MySQL, etc.)
- Ability to contribute towards best-practices and architectural leadership to our backend applications and help pick the architecture, frameworks and tooling for our next generation platform
- Experience with agile methodologies and automated testing
- Familiarity with containerization, microservice architecture, continuous integration and delivery
- Clear communication skills when it comes to reporting needs and answering technical and service questions
PERKS AT WORK
- Culture of trust, empowerment and constructive feedback,open source commitment, meetups, game nights, 70+ internal technical and fun guilds, knowledge sharing through tech talks, internal tech academy andblogs, product demos, parties & events
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Extensive onboarding, mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for international candidates, PME family service and parent & child rooms* (*available only in select locations)
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion and lifestyle, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 23 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests andlanguages our teams choose to use.
Pricing & Forecasting is at the core of our commercial operation. Our tools help to determine how much of each product to buy, to recommend the best prices for these products, and to ensure that we have the right level of logistics capacity to fulfil our customers' demand. The Pricing and Forecasting engineering team uses cutting edge technology, data science and machine learning, to forecast demand and pricing with a focus on business and customer experience. Partnerships happen with all key engineering and product teams, business and customer experience teams.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.
#marketsjobs, #marketsjobstech, #marketssoftwareeng
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten