Backend/Data Engineer - Commercial Planning & Trading (w/m/d)
As a Data Engineer you will contribute to the design and maintenance of the team’s data and machine learning pipelines and their orchestration. Data provisioning via cloud based processing technologies as well as data extraction from different source systems.
You will collaborate with a cross functional team both in the maintenance of existing pipelines and also in the creation of new data pipelines that create value for our business.WHERE YOUR EXPERTISE IS NEEDED
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Designing, developing and operating data integration pipelines to provide high quality datasets for analytical and machine learning use-cases
- Collaborate closely with our product managers, data scientists and data engineers to develop and test new ideas and data pipelines
- Collaborating on the transition of the existing data pipeline logic to a modern technology stack running on AWS
- Reviewing the team’s code, based on best practices / design principles, and participate in delivering the best solutions with high-quality technical documentation
PERKS AT WORK
- You have 3+ years of experience in software or data engineering and have good understanding of data structures and algorithms
- An analytical mindset and solid coding skills in Python
- Knowledge in SQL and ETL design, data and interface specifications, quality assurance and testing methods
- Hands-on experience in data processing using Databricks / Spark (or similar, such as Jupyter notebooks)
- Experience in orchestration tools (Airflow would be a plus)
- A workplace run on trust, empowerment and feedback; positive, inspiring working atmosphere
- Competitive salary, employee share shop, 40% Zalando shopping discount, discounts from external partners, centrally located offices, public transport discounts, municipality services, great IT equipment, flexible working times, additional holidays and volunteering time off, free beverages and fruits, diverse sports and health offerings
- Mentoring and personal development opportunities and an international team of experts
- Relocation assistance for internationals, PME family service and parent & child rooms
We celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.ABOUT ZALANDO
Zalando is Europe’s leading online platform for fashion, connecting customers, brands and partners across 17 markets. We drive digital solutions for fashion, logistics, advertising and research, bringing head-to-toe fashion to more than 34 million active customers through diverse skill-sets, interests andlanguages our teams choose to use.
Please note that all applications must be completed using the online form - we do not accept applications via email.
Art des Stellenangebotes:
Es ist kein Abschluss erforderlich
Was wir bieten