Be a part of operating the world’s largest cloud computing infrastructure. As a Datacenter Logistics Manager you will possess a strong work ethic, attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines, and a commitment to Operational Excellence.
You will be a key part to building success for the storage areas and parts distribution network. This is very much a hands on role, so expect to be doing everything that you would expect your team to do – from handling deliveries through to cycle counting and inventory planning. The Logistics Manager supports the Data Center Operations team by maintaining receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations of parts, consumables and other supplies by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures. Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, Health & Safety and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
They safeguard warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring safety and security procedures and protocols. Working with Procurement and other Regional Logistics Manager’s they control inventory levels by conducting physical counts and reconciling with inventory management tools. They maintain the physical condition of the storage areas by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
We work in a high security environment with sensitive equipment and maintaining this security and accountability will be a primary task. They are responsible for the security and tracking of parts within the storage areas and to the end user.
They complete warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning a group of 5-6 direct employees and following up on work results. They maintain warehouse staffing levels by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees. They maintain Logistics staff productivity and goals by managing and coaching members of their team; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results. They will contribute to continuous process improvements to deliver on our goals of high availability and low cost. They maintain up-to-date metrics dashboards and will create reports for management as required.
· Strong understanding of distribution and warehousing practices
· WAREHOUSE management experience
· 3rd Level qualification in logistics or supply chain management
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English
· 10+ years of relevant work experience
· 5+ years of management experience of larger teams
· Experience in Inventory Management Systems and processes
· Experience using metrics to perform analyses
· Familiarity with producing process documentation
· Knowledge of Regional import and export practices
· Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
· Valid driving license and willingness to move around between the different data center locations
· Able to lift loads of up to 49 pounds and carry them for short distances
· 2+ years experience in Data Centre or hi tech environment
· 2+ years in IT industry
· Knowledge of IT systems and Networks
· Experience with Lean or Six Sigma practices