Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
One day to take the first step. A day for setting yourself new challenges. And today could be the day when you yourself become part of a great idea. A day when you can realize your own ideas. Come to a company that reinvents itself every day. To work for Amazon keeps on being exciting.
Amazon Web Services is seeking an Electrical Specialist to become part of Operations Engineering team, responsible for control of electrical installations, commissioning.
Amazon offers a fast paced, fun, and exciting work environment. We continue to grow at exponential rates and are looking for individuals that can support our speed to market, enjoy a challenge, and have a desire for professional growth and continuous learning experiences. Amazon’s work environment is unique in every aspect and offers an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate.
If you are a creative, smart and driven individual that enjoys working with complex problems we want you! At Amazon, you will be responsible for working on multi-million dollar designs and supporting our wide variety of customers. Great ideas are encouraged and supported. Ingenuity is the main mechanism, which supports our focus on quality, speed, and cost.
We are looking for engineers with hands on electrical infrastructure design and product development experience. If you can design electrical systems, have an understanding of the critical equipment needs for a data center, and understand the constructability of varying designs you may be a good fit. Engineers will directly support product development and be a part of the process from concept to implementation. You must be capable of defining equipment specifications and evaluating the merit of design changes. You will be relied on as a subject matter expert in the electrical engineering field. We highly support continued learning opportunities and focus on continued employee development.
At Amazon, teamwork is necessary for us to accomplish our goals. You must be able to work within a team and depend on others to accomplish the required work. As an electrical engineer at Amazon, you will be working with other internal groups as well as external groups including manufacturers, vendors, and contractors.
Amazon has a global presence. Travel will occasionally be necessary but should not be more than 10%. International support will be part of the job, and some international travel may be necessary. Support could consist of working with international teams and could require developing schematic and design document packages. An understanding of international electrical design requirements is helpful but not necessary.
· Act as VEFK for on-site operations related to a large-scale mission critical electrical system, design, and functionality.
· Act as ESO (Electrical Safety Owner) as per AWS electrical safety program. Establish and coordinate maintenance and safety procedures, maintaining highly redundant electrical designs.
· Responsible Electrical Specialist for technical operations.
· Be willing to work as part of the engineering team to support an emergency call-out providing 24/7/365 call support to the dedicated facilities.
· Responsible for legally compliant organizational structure (electrical) at the company’s premises.
· Conduct risk analysis at the work sites to prevent electrical risk.
· Selection and appointment of nominated persons in control of the electric installations, electricians and electro technically trained persons.
· Selection of suitable specialists and supervisory staff, appointments of safe switching permissions.
· Issuing switch permits and work instructions.
· Conducting / organizing risk assessments and work instructions.
· Define specifications for test equipment, PPE and maintain required documentation.
· Keep up-to-date relevant regulations and inform about updates.
· Involving of new build design review while ensuring its matching local regulations.
· Work with internal teams to understand design requirements and solicit customer input.
· Collaborate with other disciplines such as mechanical engineering and compliance to create well thought out products.
· Creation of designs, which meet or exceed our quality requirements while delivering a return on investment.
· Work with regional vendors and manufacturers to specify appropriate electrical equipment.
· Define project scope and provide technical support for information requests prior to, and during manufacturing phases.
· Work with commissioning teams to properly test and validate installation, operation, and performance of electrical systems.
· Support of Operations including failure mode and root cause analysis, maintenance and troubleshooting support, and operating procedure review.
· Having fun while offering creative, out of the box solutions.
· BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
· Knowledge of local electrical standards and regulations.
· DGUV V3 Qualification for testing of electrical equipment
· 5+ years of experience with industrial or commercial field engineering
· Competency in Middle and Low Voltage systems
· Switching authorization for MV Systems
· Good knowledge of English (verbal and written)
· Master degree or higher in Electrical Engineering or relevant disciplines.
· VEFK certificate or equivalent.
· Experience with Change Management Systems
· Strong experience 10+ years with the operation and maintenance of building electrical systems. (Power distribution, lighting, grounding, fire alarm, security, life safety, and controls systems)