Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
Security is the #1 concern for customers moving to the cloud and AWS is dedicated to providing security features our customers need, at scale.
The AWS Identity team owns and operates highly scalable, highly available distributed systems that are used by all AWS customers and internal service teams alike. We are pioneers in areas such as identity, access management, security and providing massively scaled, distributed platform capabilities to all of AWS. We enable our customers to control and secure the most sensitive data on the internet. We are building some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world, and we need brilliant engineering leaders to work with us on this new initiative!
We are building a new cloud platform that dramatically simplifies how enterprise customers manage and control access to their AWS resources. We are looking for a talented engineering leader who will be responsible for owning, driving and evangelizing this space focused on enabling customers to manage and secure their AWS workloads at scale.
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider–from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases–to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
We are looking for senior software engineers who are technically very strong with deep knowledge in web services, backend storage design, and distributed systems. The ideal candidate takes pride in tackling challenges, excels at working in an agile environment, and gets excited about owning the architecture of a set of critical platform services that serve customers globally every second of every day. You will provide technical leadership to the team that owns design, implementation, testing, deployment, and operation of new global distributed systems that are core to all of AWS.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
· 4+ years of software development experience
· Experience building software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
· Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a fast-paced environment
· Fluent English language skills
· Willing to relocate to Berlin, Germany
· Ability to work well with people
· Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
· 6+ years developing software solutions in large scale (over 10,000 users) global environments
· 6+ years of experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
· Deep experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C# or Java and mastery of object-oriented design and programming
· Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience owning mission critical, 24x7 systems
· Strong understanding of either Kotlin, Java, Go or a comparable programming language
· Experience with NoSQL databases
· Start-up experience
· Interest in or experience developing production web services or Service Oriented Architectures