Location: Koblenz (CGN1) or Graben (MUC3)
Please note: You must have advanced language skills in English and German for these roles
Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and, when the box arrived, wondered how it got to you so fast? Have you wondered where it came from and how much it cost Amazon to deliver it to you?
Our Finance teams don’t just manage our books; they help drive the company forward by partnering closely with global cross-functional teams to support the growth of this rapidly expanding network; driving controllership, innovation, productivity, and cost-effective operations across the network in a fast-paced environment. You’ll employ data analysis to ensure your partners and leaders have the most up to date, reliable information, working collaboratively to make the best possible financial decisions. You’ll make a huge impact, not just on the bottom line performance of your Fulfillment Centre, but on the overall customer experience.
We are looking for Graduate Finance Analysts that are excited to join a tech company that is constantly improving and reimagining the logistics industry. You should be passionate about using data to solve big, complex and ambiguous problems; and be eager to continuously learn and improve your skills. You should be attentive to which details make all the difference.
As part of Customer Fulfillment Finance, you will join a team that is passionate about numbers, data, and how to use them to generate insights and improve our business. They are the trusted business advisors, supporting and influencing the organisation by providing a holistic and financial perspective. They collaborate with the business to ensure leaders have the most up to date and reliable information, and work with them to make sure they are making the best possible decisions.
Learning opportunities include autonomy to innovate and deliver new approaches that impact the operations of the business; and a chance to develop new skills and learn from a diverse and inspiring team from a wide variety of professional backgrounds.
Job responsibilities include:
· Leveraging Customer Fulfillment metrics to identify cost out opportunities by linking up operations and financials
· Building trusted relationships with your business partners to influence and support tactical and strategic business decisions that lead to business improvements and cost reductions
· Understanding the details of the cost structure to make thoughtful judgement calls in ambiguous environments where data may be difficult to procure
· Owning the financial and operational planning processes to produce a challenging/stretch/bold yet solid operational plans
· Proactively supporting knowledge-sharing within the team and across your division, while looking to standardize processes across EU teams
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
· Recent graduate from a degree in Business Analytics, Finance, Accounting, Statistics, Mathematics or similar discipline with an analytical bias
· Fluent in German and English, with strong written and oral communication skills
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel (i.e. macros, pivots, lookups, VBA)
· Financial insight or analytical understanding, including familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, or interpretation and analysis
· Knowledge of financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
· Measured demonstration of problem solving and root cause analysis
· Highly analytical, detail-oriented and professional business sense; proven ability to develop new ideas, creative solutions and demonstrated experience implementing such mechanisms to result
· Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a progressive, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
· Master’s degree preferred in a business or analytical field
· Understanding and previous use of large-scale data mining and reporting tools (e.g. SQL, Microsoft Access, PowerBI, Tableau), and providing recommendations based on results of ad hoc analyses to management for strategic decision-making
· Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and levels of management
· Passion and interest in manufacturing, distribution center or logistics processes and systems a plus
· Previous work experience – a summer job, internship; if it’s an experience in a related field or business, even better
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decision based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' worldwide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.