Bewirb dich auf der Webseite des Arbeitgebers
About Amazon Logistics
At Amazon Logistics (AMZL), our goal is to provide customers with an incredible package delivery experience for the “last mile” of their order. To achieve this goal, we partner with a network of small third-party delivery businesses (Delivery Service Providers) and the third-party contractor community (Amazon Flex) to deliver customer orders. By utilizing continuous improvement initiatives and creative thinking, our delivery station teams ensure that millions of packages reach their final destination as efficiently as possible. The team consistently raises the bar in terms of customer experience and promotes lean thinking in operations while implementing innovative delivery solutions. Both the corporate and field teams support to launch new programs and technology-based solutions - Amazon Fresh, Prime Now and Amazon Restaurants - on a global scale in order to meet customer demand and enable customer-focused innovation.
You will report directly into the Senior Delivery Station Manager but often be the most senior member of staff on site, therefore you will also have full accountability for the site. You will strategically coordinate a team, comprising of Area Managers, Operations Supervisors and Operations Assistants. Your team size will fluctuate throughout the year due to peak periods and may vary from 50 – 250+. You will also have accountability for a large fleet of delivery drivers who work directly for your Delivery Station. This will complement your proactive management of healthy, positive working relationships on a day-to-day basis.
You’ll also Hire and Develop the Best, this will enable you to create and implement a talent plan for your site, and will touch on talent acquisition, performance and career management, learning and development and positive employee engagement.
In this role teamwork is essential as you will collaborate with key business partners, such as Transport & Sortation, DSP (Delivery Service Providers) Management, Finance, Loss Prevention, IT, HR, ACES and Engineering. Furthermore, you’ll track and promote both the operational goals and metrics of your Delivery Station, while regularly presenting your key change initiatives and results to the senior leadership team.
· Degree Qualification or equivalent
· Direct management experience of large complex teams, comprising of salaried, hourly and agency employees.
· You have experience leading large-scale process improvements through Lean process, Kaizen, and Six Sigma.
· You are able to thrive in an ambiguous environment, and when given a deadline you know how to motivate yourself, your managers, and associates and meet it.
· You don’t hesitate in public speaking or writing a paper. You have effective verbal and written communication skills.
· You are able to work with numbers and use data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Data is what you look to when given a problem to solve.
· You have experience coordinating third party resources on a regional/national scale