Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online by giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform.
As one of the largest e-commerce companies in the world, Amazon processes billions of secure on-line transactions via a number of payment mechanisms, including credit cards, direct debit and electronic gift certificates. Transactions are processed on behalf of thousands of merchants, including Amazon.com. Amazon is known across the globe as the most trusted company on the Internet. We are committed to delivering an exceptional customer experience.
The Payments Services owns and maintains the software which processes 20+ payment methods worldwide. The Business Operations Team supports the larger Payments Services organization which includes software development, product management and technical operations. The Business Operations team is the first contact for payment transactional issues, receiving escalations from internal clients such as Customer Service, Finance, Accounting and Fraud as well as third party partners and banks relied upon to process payments. Additionally this team is responsible for driving operational efficiencies and escalation reduction opportunities. This team also manages the operational relationship with third party payment partners, advocating for customer experience and driving operational improvements.
We are looking for an Interim Payments Specialist (m/f/d) for the Regensburg location who shares Amazon's vision of the most customer-oriented company in the world and help us to continue to improve our customer payments matching space. This position is limited to 6 month upon start date. Extension may be available.
As Payments Specialist (m/f/d) in Regensburg, you will be responsible for
· Prepare, allocate and match incoming customer payments on Amazon owned bank accounts on a daily base
· Positively impacts the customer payments matching space by improving the underlying resolution processes
· Demonstrate ownership to improve and streamline internal workflows
· Drive a stronger customer experience and maintain a high quality standard
· Support the global Business Operations Team “Contact per Transaction Reduction” and “Drive to Zero” initiatives
· Support the EU Business Operations Team to resolve customer escalations within their Service Level Agreements
· Demonstrated excellent time-management skills and the ability work individually while using departmental resources, policies and procedures.
· Proactively identify opportunity areas for deep diver investigations and future program development
· Excellent interpersonal skills and can get things done through formal channels and informal networks
· 2+ year’s experience in a customer service environment
· Fluent in English as a second language (talking, reading and writing)
· Basic and proven proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, Power Point, Windows Shortcuts)
· Ability to act judiciously and to meet objectives on time even in stressful situations
· Excellent working knowledge of CSC and the trouble ticketing process used to support Customer issues
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to get into the details while also seeing and understanding bigger trends
· Ability to communicate effectively in one to one and group sessions
· Able to adapt positively and seamlessly to changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
· · Comfortable with seeking and receiving feedback, and incorporating continued feedback to improve deliverable quality
· Ability to maintain composure in critical situations and communicate clearly with both internal and external customers
· Ability to prioritize assignments and work with minimal supervision
· Approachable, cooperative and a team player, easily gains the trust and support of peers and stakeholders
· Ability to work independently in an environment with high expectations and where priorities can change. Demonstrates a work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations and deliver an outstanding customer service experience
· Motivated self-starter, proactive and result-oriented
· Demonstrated passion for delivering a positive Customer experience
· Affinity for numbers to prepare, process data in Excel and to analyze and adjust customer payments on a daily basis
· Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple deliverables
· Advanced Excel skills (VBA/Selenium, Pivot tables, VLookups) highly desirable
· Experienced with SQL and HTML to prepare, process and present data
· Energized by working with diverse teams across different cultures and locations
· Experience in process improvement and quality methodologies very helpful (Lean/Six Sigma/Kaizen etc.)
· Able to perform detailed case dives, suggest data-based recommendations, and present results in an organized, succinct way. Able to develop and document draft procedures using knowledge gained from analysis and qualitative sources
· Demonstrates effective, clear and professional written communication skills, especially related to writing technical procedures and business processes
· Experienced in process documentation
· Prior experience in the Finance and Payments industry helpful